boiling problems 92 EB [help please] - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2005, 14:02   #1 (permalink)

Question boiling problems 92 EB [help please]

hi. my parents bought last year a late 92 EB to tow their caravan. every time they tow it boils.does anyone have any answers.they have tried everything they can think of. they have been told that they are renowned for boiling, but surely there is a solution. hoping someone has an answer debbie
boiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2005, 15:50   #2 (permalink)
BOSSONNOS

Re: boiling problems 92 EB [help please]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiling
hi. my parents bought last year a late 92 EB to tow their caravan. every time they tow it boils.does anyone have any answers.they have tried everything they can think of. they have been told that they are renowned for boiling, but surely there is a solution. hoping someone has an answer debbie
Has the radiator been removed and checked for blockage. It may be flowing enough to cool the engine when there is no load on it. Also check that the air con condensor isn't full of grass or bugs as this can also cause a problem.
If the vehicle is fitted with a viscous coupling this could also not be operating properly, it is known problem to get new viscous couplings new and they don't lock up properly.
Give it a try.
CITRIC ACID BA XR8 UTE , P/MAKERS,CUSTOM D&T EXHAUST QUAD TIPS,SS CAI,BMC FILTER,SS 80MM T/BODY,BPT 80 MM HELIX,THERMOSTAT, BPT UNDERDRIVES,,150 SHOT NOS ,EXTREME TUNED, MAL WOOD SHORT SHIFT,,CHROME TAIL LIGHTS,CUSTOM TINT WITH GRAPHICS, COBRA STRIPES, CUSTOM PLATES (BOSSONNOS),19X8 VAULT DEVILLES FRONT, 20X8.5 VAULT DEVILLES REAR, DAMN LOW.
Ultra Tune Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 16:51   #3 (permalink)

I would be inclined to get the entire cooling system checked professionally, as there could be several factors, being a 12 year old car after all. Another thing I would ask is whether the car is fitted with a transmission oil cooler (assuming its an auto). For towing heavy loads I would say that is a must to have fitted.
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 23:45   #4 (permalink)

The biggest one would be to get take out the radiator and get it cleaned out. not just flush it but get it proffesionally clean out. I would also check the thermistat coz the falcons tend to get sticky thermistats
Old 04-29-2005, 19:21   #5 (permalink)

My advise would be to get the entire cooling system checked but i have seen a build up of grass and dry metter between the condensor and the radiator and that might be causing your problem.
hicks01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:43   #6 (permalink)
what u lookin at

my eb used to do that all the time even with a new cooling system, always would over heat. I have put a big 16" thermo fan on it now. i havent towed anything yet but i would be suprised if it did overheat. i dont have a tranny cooler yet either but that is an absolute must if ur towing, and ill be gettin one soon as well mainly to extend the life of the tranny....
as said above get the cooling system checked, they are known for gettin blocked radiators due to insufficent cleaning of the heads after casting and sand then clogs up the radiator......

btw how many ks does it have on it? if its about ~200-230 and hasnt had the head reco'd then i would be taking the radiator to get unblocked and a whole new cooling system.... u might get a few more k's out of the head then......
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 19:49   #7 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

No they are no renown for boiling.
They do get grass stored in beween radiator and condensor. It's a goo idea to unbolt (not remove) the radiator and hose it out.

If it is a V8 then the radiator will be full of casting sand. Don't waste your money by flushing it. Buy new one. It is perfect opportunity to fit an EF radiator and thermos. They keep engine cool and give engine more power and torque for towing :D
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:15   #8 (permalink)

there are not many radiators left that will have casting sand left in them now. I work on fords alot and we get alot of the E series falcon in for over heatin problems. i wasnt saying that was it i was merely sujecting that is one thing that does tend to fix the problem
Old 05-05-2005, 04:02   #9 (permalink)
Seriously Disturbed

okay, i know this post is like, a couple of weeks old now, but thought id add my 2 cents... im not yet a proud owner of a falcon, but hopefully come next weekend ill have an EBII up my sleeve... anyhow... i DO own a ford... Ford Meteor to be precise, and i had overheating problems for a while, mainly sitting in traffic with a warmed up engine. after many painful weeks, i realized that my fan wasnt running!!!
i found that if i turn my key back just that little bit after turning on the car, the electrics (fans, window wipers and jets, and yes, the fan!) all start to work. i know this is not a Falcon, BUT, my mates dad had an EB wagon, and he said that same thing used to happen to that too. food for thought, check it out, could be as simple as that!

Dave Out
Disturbed_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons