boosting power on EL - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2005, 00:27   #1 (permalink)

biggrin boosting power on EL

Hey guys,

I just bought myself an EL falcon Gli with tickford mags and tickford suspension. I'm trying to find the easiest cheapest ways to boost the power on it. If anyones got any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear em.

Thx
crazy_german is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2005, 00:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: boosting power on EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_german
Hey guys,

I just bought myself an EL falcon Gli with tickford mags and tickford suspension. I'm trying to find the easiest cheapest ways to boost the power on it. If anyones got any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear em.

Thx
What do you mean by boosting power? as in a N/A form or slapping on a turbo for it? Probably start of with the basics Exhaust, filter, cai and diff ratios which will get them moving alot better off the mark. From there you can look into other things like headwork, chip, injectors and so on.
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:20   #3 (permalink)

thx for that, but yeh by boosting power i meant the kilowatts. I've got a budget of about $1000 and I'm trying to get the most out of that.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:49   #4 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

wade cam 1004 -114 since u have auto, pacemaker pipes and cat back, that should eat up ya grand quite easly
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:59   #5 (permalink)

Hmm not alot to play with but thats all good just depends on what your really after first. I reckon look at getting a cat back exhaust $300-$350.

Air Filter depends if your after a Pod setup or a Panel filter setup. Panels bit more expensive then pod but from what i read or from personal experience i would go for a panel filter. K&N filter for about 120bux. Theres other brands like BMC, or Kingdragon filters as well.

Suspension getting the car lowered cause in stock form they rock like a boat lol. Not only to enhance it in the looks department but for handling/ride which to me is one of the best things ive done to my car. Look at brands like Pedders, King Springs or K-MAC which i have and im happy with , they had set me back $500-550 roughly but king springs are just as good and bit cheaper so look into those ones as well.

In total $350(exhaust)+$550(k-mac springs)+$120 (k&n panel filter)= $1020. Keep in mind getting springs like King springs for example will be good cause it wont go over your budget reason i say this cause k-macs are expensive and king springs for eg do the job so then it will be sitting under the 1g mark. Anyways mix n match and see whats more suitable for you but this is a good start.
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:45   #6 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Over the pacemakers id recomend a set of JMM headers and a Redback 2.5" system.
It may even be worth looking at a JMM Dev3HL, or Streetfighter cam.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 23:22   #7 (permalink)

I went looking at some K&N panel filters today and a lukey 2.5" exhaust system and I'll probably start with that. I also had a look at King springs a while back and i reckon ill go with them.

cheers
Old 03-01-2005, 12:46   #8 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

What sort of sound are you after?
If you want loud go a lukey, but they use reverse flow or triple flow mufflers which restrict power.
Old 03-01-2005, 22:38   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
What sort of sound are you after?
If you want loud go a lukey, but they use reverse flow or triple flow mufflers which restrict power.
how much power do they restrict, because the guy who was trying to sell it to me told me i wouldnt loose any power.
I don't want my exhaust too loud but i still wanna be able to hear it. Whats the best brand for something like that?
Old 03-02-2005, 00:22   #10 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

The lukey will give you a good note but they tend to drone alot.
I have a redback 2.5" Straight through and it doesnt drone, and its quiet with a good note at idle, but when you give it a boot iw will let you know its there.

if you shop around you will get a Redback for the same price or cheaper than a Lukey, and it will be more comfortable to live with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons