Chip for EB 4.0 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2000, 18:10   #1 (permalink)
FrdEB2

Chip for EB 4.0

Can anyone recommend a chip to suit my EB 4.0. I have a cam and Genie system - all done by Herrod. Is it worth it? what power gains? fuel consumption?? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2000, 00:20   #2 (permalink)
xrclub webmaster

Herrod distributes unichips and from what I've seen there's a significant difference. A month ago when I was at Herrod's he'd just installed one in an EF 5 litre V8 futura. The power graph was up and there was a 20kW difference. I asked him if this was common and he said that it varies from car to car depending on what mods are in it. I believe that there are some members who will be at February's meeting who have just had it done so I will quiz them tomorrow and give you some feedback.
Old 02-02-2000, 03:14   #3 (permalink)
bigbadblackxr

chip mods

I agree, Herrod is one of the best in regard to these mods with dyno proven power gains. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2000, 09:20   #4 (permalink)
ray

chip 4 eb 4.0 litre

frdeb2 go for the unichip i have got it in my car eb supercharged it is real good coz it can b modified on the dyno it not just a chip it is an intercepter it changes the inputs to the pcm, though it is not cheap u can remove it when u sell the car and put it on ur next efi car example xr8 and with ur exaust and cam it can b adjusted onthe dyno to suit, can u believe 123 kw at bak wheels out of a manual 3.9 muiltipoint with cam and exhaust with unichip that is good power out of a natural aspirated 3.9 engine i think good luck man cu on the rd PS: NEATEB LATER.
Old 10-25-2000, 11:46   #5 (permalink)
Redwards

Unichip

How do these Unichips fit onthe ecu ?
Do the plug on to the expansion port or are the soldered on to the main board.

I had a bad experience with a powerchip that didn't want to go & it forced the car into lim home mode.
Old 10-26-2000, 20:15   #6 (permalink)
anakha

Re: Unichip

All the EEC add-ons I've heard of or seen plug into the card edge connector (service port).

Check out the links below for a programmable system for EEC-IV/EEC-V computers that is fairly reasonably priced. In one of the docs there they have detailed instructions for cleaning and installing a connector.

While the s/w doesn't have direct support for our processors there is 3rd party software that does have some support for Falcons. I have also spoken with other Aussies who have been working with these things so there is some info out there.

www.eec-tuner.com <== EEC 4/5 programmable system
www.eec-tuner.com/biz_html/guide.pdf <== User/install guide including cleaning instructions

www.pcmx.net/pcmx/ <== 3rd party s/w for programming/decoding EEC 4/5

Of course with the rate of exchange at the moment you may have to sell your car to buy this stuff!
Old 01-11-2001, 18:23   #7 (permalink)
cwarden

EEC

Hello, could you tell me who the people are in Australia that are playing with EEC Tuner. I am very interested in it, thanks.
Old 01-12-2001, 15:17   #8 (permalink)
Red Barron

Chips

What State are you in?
Old 02-04-2001, 14:46   #9 (permalink)
anakha

EEC Tuner

Sorry for the long delay in replying. I've received an ok to name the bloke bringing
in some EEC Tuners. His name is Pete. You can catch him at <a href="mailto:pbysterveld@orbeng....eng.com.au</a>

You can find articles on cars he's done up including an EFI 351C XE Ute on fordmuscle.com. He may know a thing or too about Fords. :)

You can find a mailing list for the Tuner here: groups.yahoo.com/group/EECTuner

Or a general EEC mailing list here: <a href="mailto:eec-help@eelink.net...eelink.net</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons