crashed my baby EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2003, 22:54   #1 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

crashed my baby EA

hey guys and girls, ever come home really late at night and almost crashed your car???

well last night i did!!! coming home from town at about 4:30 in the morning, i was so tired that when i went to change into the left lane i indicated right!!! i thought that was pretty bad and i knew that i was almost about to fall asleep, but then i decided to go flying into my narrow drive way like i usually do i ended up ripping off my drivers mirror, scratching my back right door with huge dents in it too, and denting my quater panel!!! apparently it was pretty loud because my neighbours came out and so did my parents!! my dad just laughed at me because now every one has hit that fence in my family, it was only a matter of time apparently.

ive got one quote already and they said about $800 to fix my door and quater, i done the mirror my self today.

any one else ever done the same thing or something similar?????

p.s ill try to get some pics posted up some time.
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2003, 23:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: crashed my baby EA

Dam, just be thankful you didnt fall asleep at the wheel and Drive onto a pole/tree or worse, another car or person!
Im glad nothing like this had ever hapened to me but if i was so tired i was falling asleep I wouldnt get in the car!
One of my frriends has a tricky driveway. Pretty much everyone has hit the fence at some stage. I was reversing out (in my old XE) once and just cliped the fence. Made a hell of a noise (metal fence) but didnt do any damage to either.
As i drove away i could see several people hanging around the front of the house looking for damage! When I got home my Mate rang to aske me what the noise was and if i hit the fence coz they couldnt find any damage! Suprising considering the noise!
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 23:57   #3 (permalink)

when i was on my L's i hit the pole in our driveway.
mum's AU lost a headlight
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 00:48   #4 (permalink)
EFI 351c TD CORTINA

i broke my rear brake light reversing out of my drive into a bush. i got it back though.

oh and flipped the old mirror off the ea when i thought id make it out of gf's drive way and couldnt be bothered going forward again!
Old 09-07-2003, 00:56   #5 (permalink)

My fun was reversing out with my EA as my son was driving in with his XF ouch I didnt see him and he didnt honk his horn untill i smashed into him lucky no damage just pride.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:08   #6 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

I've fallen asleep at the wheel. Driving home, felt a bump, woke up and Id driven along one of those rail things they have on small ditches etc. Probably lucky I hit that because I would haveended up in a ditch otherwise. Just last night I made an L plater drive my car while I fell asleep in the passenger seat.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:09   #7 (permalink)
WHAT ARE U LOOKIN AT RAT!

hehe, i have crashed into a gutter and blown one of my brand new tyres in my old car, and recently i thought i was mr. top sh!t and was doing doe's in a mud patch near my house and it drifted into a tree... had to get a new door and sadly it was a different shade of silver!
Old 09-07-2003, 01:30   #8 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

I must be lucky ......never had any of these problems .....must be that I'm a woman....We are the better drivers
Heheheheeeeheheeee

But as PHoeNiX_EB says .......thankfully you only hit a fence ......

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:48   #9 (permalink)
AUII S

Yeah ive never fallen asleep but did drive too fast into a car park and did damage too both passenger doors. That was about a year ago and i havent fixed it yet. About $600 worth damage i think, no major paint damage just slightly beaten in doors.
Amp - Eclipse PA5422
Fronts - Alpine SPS-571A
Rears - RockFord Fosgate T1572C
JMM Mods Some Day

vbman187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:49   #10 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

I've been driving since Dec 2000 on my P's, never hit a thing, never come close, never been pulled over, never copped a fine, never anything really. Before that I was driving for a year and a half on my L's, practically everyday, anywhere we went if I was in the car, it was me who was driving. Same deal, never had an incident of any kind.

Hence, males are the better drivers lol I will argue the point to the death if need be!

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons