Damn EA.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2004, 18:45   #1 (permalink)
Teh Official Know Nothing

confused Damn EA....

Righto... remember a little while back where I was "boasting" about my EA. I take it all back....

A couple of things have since gone wrong with it...

One - When I turn the sumbitch off, and take the key out, it still wants to go. WTF???

Two - The alternator belt squeals when I start the sumbitch in the arvo, and it only squeals in the arvo. It's like the pulleys/whatever the thing sits on go, and the belt don't.

Three - Heat surge. I've read Mother Nature's sig and it says the check the fuel pump, could that be the problem? It soars up over the NORMAL print in the temp thing, then cools off drastically down back to blue, then normal runnning temp.

Things coming soon: CD Player, Bumper Change, MPFI Conversion
Things on my Wishlist: Mags, Body Kit, etc, etc.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2004, 18:52   #2 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

Re: Damn EA....

OK.. Check the relays near the battery these could be faulty, check youre ignuition switch to... Ive seen a indicator globe fitted to a parker light in the rear tail light assembley, when the head lights were on , it suplied power to the accesories and when the car was turned of with the lights on it keept going...

The temp thing is the thermostat, change it.
Tighen youre belts up there loose
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 23:09   #3 (permalink)
EB wagon

Check the tension on yer belt. Also check that the alternator pully spins OK with the belt off. I should spin a few times before it stops. Also check that yer water pump pully turns ok. And check yer idler pulleys for smooth bearings. If all of that is ok, check that yer belt still has all its rubber!

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 23:13   #4 (permalink)
jjj

Hi Pudding,

1) You have a CPFI car, they have problems. When you turn the key off does it run for a couple of seconds then splatters out. If it does this, your still getting power to your fuel injectors or TFI module on distributor. Check the condition of the 2 relays that are next to the battery under the coolant reservoir. The green one is the fuel pump relay and the other one is your ECU relay. I'd say you will see corrosion on the terminals from leaking coolant( common problem). If so, clean terminals with WD40 etc.

Another thing to check if that looks ok, is if your ignition barrel is worn.

2) Get your radiator flushed and get a new thermostat fitted. Should cost $120 if you ring around a few places. All e-series cars need a radiator flush every 2 years all you could do a head gasket.

3) Your alternator belt is worn, Buy a new alternator belt and put it on . Should cost $15

Cheers Luke.

1 Owner vehicle,
78000km's on the clock (12-1-05),
Showroom condition with all the fairmont goodies,
Metallic Silver.
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 23:25   #5 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

MotherNature was talking about the car stalling etc due to the heat possibly evaporating the fuel in the lines, and or fuel pump not directing it at Engine temps i believe mate.

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 23:56   #6 (permalink)
Teh Official Know Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
MotherNature was talking about the car stalling etc due to the heat possibly evaporating the fuel in the lines, and or fuel pump not directing it at Engine temps i believe mate.
Oh.... oh.

I think it may need a service anyway. When I got it, it had 151000km on it. 5 years beforehand, and I have papers to confirm this, it had 145000km on it. So it may need a service and I'll get a mech to check the alternator pulley and sh*te like that.

Things coming soon: CD Player, Bumper Change, MPFI Conversion
Things on my Wishlist: Mags, Body Kit, etc, etc.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons