The DeadlyEB Stikes Again!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2003, 03:55   #1 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

mad The DeadlyEB Stikes Again!!!

Well today on my way to the Heathcote drags, I stopped at a servo in Heathcote to hang a leak..... go back out to my car.... start it the puh puh cough splutter die..... hmmmm not good..... try again..... puh puh cough splutter die..... hmmm try one more time this time foot flat to the floor once she starts......puh puh cough splutter splutter cough die..... fiddle around some more figure stuff this going to the drags anyway so leave the car catch a ride with a friend........

Come back in a couple of hours nothin this time.... check spark..... Got spark..... Check fuel...... got no fuel coming through..... hmmm not good..... Think ah *%$% you....you piece of &%^ car!!!! I'm gona burn you down to the ground!!!!!!!!!! At this point I'm dragged away from my car with match burning in one hand and fuel can in the other..... Going back to the drags.....

At the end of the day go back for one last crack at fixen her but alas it was to no avail..... Now I have a fuel problem which i think the fuel pump has failed, as I only replaced the filter a couple of months back.

Cheers

Ben

P.s for those who don't know the history of my car I'll get the thread of my other problems

Now a P6 351 LTD
White XF GHIA for sale PM me
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2003, 03:58   #2 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

Re: The DeadlyEB Stikes Again!!!

http://www.eafalcon.com/ownersclub/f...lyeb/index.htm

Part of the history of my car up to dec 2002

Now a P6 351 LTD
White XF GHIA for sale PM me
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:05   #3 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

frown

Bugger!

How bad really is it to replace a fuel pump though? Are E-Series pumps expensive compared to your average car? My GF's old man's Cruiser (a 70s FJ55) had a stuffed pump & I think the cheapest replacement was around $200. You never know you might've bought some shit fuel & it's clogged the lines? Just speculating here...

GL with getting her back on the road.

-Dave-
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:11   #4 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

If you switch the ignition on do you hear the pump groan a little from the boot? if so pump is working, if not, can you hear a click from under the bonnet when key is turned on? if so fuel pump is stuffed, if you hear nothing at all I'd say the fuel pump relay(s) is shot, or of course, both

Confused?

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:35   #5 (permalink)
No longer around

if you were just driving along with no aparent probs, stopped at teh servo for a leak, then went to star again and it wouldnt start it souns more like the relay, or even a fuse, than the pump

i'd be checking these things before replacing the pump (or before burning it) because it sounds like something really piss simple

hope you can get it sorted out quickly and easily mate
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:41   #6 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

yeh I reckon relay too

Good luck hey!

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:51   #7 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

hope it's not the pump dude they suck ass to get out and that BLOODY locking ring!! AHHHH Caused me many hours of anguish and then days of driving around and smelling petrol due to it STILL not sealing properly. I gave up and swapped the bastard for another spare tank with fuel pump already fitted that I had from a wreak I got.
But yeah I agree most likly a relay or simply a dirty connection like on my old mans car.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:38   #8 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Well mate the exact thing happened to me, apart from I was fuelling up.
In the end I needed a new fuel pump...cost me $320 fitted, but that included towing the car (even though it was only 1km hehe)
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 17:11   #9 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

When you get the 5 speed all these things will get sorted I was over at his place last night pickng up some parts and was telling him about your car. Haha, he had to laugh when I said about your water pump pully
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons