Dissapointed JMM StreetFighter results - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2005, 18:51   #1 (permalink)

Dissapointed JMM StreetFighter results

hey, just got my car dynoed, and with the streetfighter head cam and gasket kit( i already had an exaugst and extractors and it pulled 143hp at the wheels) with the head it only pulled 20 more hp on the dyno at peak power. it ran 163 hp at the wheels, the only thing that was changed was the complete head to an EF-EL head with 4.0L rocker gear, JMM streetfighter cam and head work, performance valve springs, adj. vern cam gear, new timing case chain, gear and guides, it was installed by a good mechanic and ran on a less than 2 year old dyno. and a new rotor putton and cap was also installed. Any suggestions on what it could be the problem could be. Could it be because i am using a CFI dizzy (i did the multipoin upgrade and didnt change it, the first run was done with that dizzy). could it be becuase i need a EF inlet manafold? could i be leaning out, because if you look at the graph my torque and power are pretty flat from 4000RPM to 5000RPM. Please take a look at my graph and post any suggestions. Thanks In Advance Josh

http://www.fordforums.com/attachment...chmentid=30150
hot EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2005, 05:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Dissapointed JMM StreetFighter results

PM sent.

Something is maxing out on your car above 4000rpm. Here is the dyno of my car with the streetfighter kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2050008.JPG (126.1 KB, 85 views)
93' ED 5spd 4.0L NA Fairmont
JMM Street fighter kit, race series headers, BBM, EL xr6 ECU, unichip, 3.45 LSD
1/4 mile time: 14.21@97.2mph
ED I6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 23:19   #3 (permalink)
habib

ed i6 how much did it cost to get the whole package coz im thinking of getting the same kit as u
freddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 00:19   #4 (permalink)

Cost me $4,950 for the streetfighter full rebuild installed, and from memory about $1500 extra for the full exhaust and race series headers and intake mods. I already had the unichip so i'm not sure how much extra it would be.

Give jim a call and discuss what you are after and the application (street, strip or both)
93' ED 5spd 4.0L NA Fairmont
JMM Street fighter kit, race series headers, BBM, EL xr6 ECU, unichip, 3.45 LSD
1/4 mile time: 14.21@97.2mph
ED I6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons