E-series V8 manual EEC in an auto - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2005, 22:45   #1 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

E-series V8 manual EEC in an auto

Just wondering if anyone has run a manual computer in an auto E-series V8, and the auto actually works properly. The auto V8's have a speperate auto trans computer but I am not sure if they get any input from the EEC which is specific to auto EECs.

Also be interested to hear from anyone running a US based EEC (A9L, X32 etc) in an aussie falcon, in particular if the air conditioning still functions properly of if they found any other problems.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2005, 04:22   #2 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Re: E-series V8 manual EEC in an auto

The engine PCM recieves data steam from the A/T PCM and Vice versa for reverse function torque control.

You would also need to bridge the manual/auto trans input for manual use. You can see this on the schematics if you get hold of them. Apart from that the engine should run ok.

In early series 1 eb the a/c input was seperate to the pcm but in series 2 they introduced control a/c input and out put the the pcm.

Also be wary of making sure you use a pcm that does or doesn't have smartr lock feature. U.S. based pcm's did not use the smart lock that we do, also the u.s. based pcm's use a different method of speedo input signal.

Regards,

Barry.
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:33   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for that, there are a number of points there that I overlooked. The reason I ask is that I was planning on running a US A9L based EEC along with a Tweecer RT, but I can see this causing a lot of problems. Wish that the aussie EECs had support for the Tweecer RTs datalogging, that would make things a bit easier.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:24   #4 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Have you spoken to Peter B from over here, I know he is in possetion of a conversion programe at the moment so we can convert more bins to Tweecer format.

There are allready some catch codes available that could be used as another option on the EB/ED.

Barry.
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 05:51   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P
Have you spoken to Peter B from over here, I know he is in possetion of a conversion programe at the moment so we can convert more bins to Tweecer format.

There are allready some catch codes available that could be used as another option on the EB/ED.

Barry.
Yeah have been talking with Pete but didn't know he had the conversion program, maybe I will send him my EEC for a dump (mine isn't supported). The reason I wanted the US EEC was for the RT datalogging which pete said was very buggy with the aussie EECs but if the use of the US EEC is going to complicate the process I think I will give it a miss and either look at the standard Tweecer with an aussie EEC or go back to looking at aftermarkret systems.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:42   #6 (permalink)
Pro-M Distributor

Was speaking to Pete this week with regards to Tweecer support for the Australian ECU's. He is not getting any ECU's sent to him so therefore has trouble data dumping from them. No ECU's means no Tweecer support. I have sent him one of my ELGT ECU's and am about to send him another this week - but if you people want support you need to support Pete's efforts.
Shane

The 2 drag racers addages
1. If you are in control - you haven't got enough Horse Power...
2. If you throw it up in the air and it comes down - It's too heavy...

My Toys:
1998 NL FBT 033, Blue
1996 NL V8 Fairlane Ghia, YBESLO White, Grey trim, 16" V5 Simmons, LOW

Squeezed is nice, stroked is good, blown is unbeliveable - but all 3 is heaven
MrLandau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons