E-series vs newer cars... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2004, 23:48   #1 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

Question E-series vs newer cars...

So who's the lifer's in this forum?

I was talking to a friend about new cars and it made me think - whats the driving force behind buying a new car?

Take an ED Fairmont Ghia for example. They can be picked up in very good nick for $6 000 or thereabouts. Compared to a BA Fairmont Ghia for $50 000 (I can't remember but the exact price isn't important).

Now thats $44 000 difference in which many many improvements can be made for that money to at least equal and exceed the performance, handling, specifications of the BA. So say $24 000 is spent on the ED, leaving $20 000 remaing.

Who's the people that value the newness of a car and who prefers the old faithfuls? Who will be driving an E-series in 15 years time? Who's car is heading for the crushers as soon as they can make enough to buy a new one?

I know that there are still difference between them such as comfort, etc but still thats a personal taste.

My opinion?

I'd like to sell my current EA - or give it away to my little brother and get an ED sedan or AU ute. Then spend some money on it knowing it will I will never get it back but buying cars is not an investment.

What kind of aftermarket will Falcons have in 15 years? Who knows but you can buy brand new door trims, etc for HQ's etc so only time will tell...

Dan..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2004, 00:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: E-series vs newer cars...

my EF will be sticking around for a long time, won't be upgrading in the forseeable future, if the EF starts causing major problems, then i'd look into it.
but for now the beast is staying :)
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 00:04   #3 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

well, unless i get some U-Beaute job that pays a shiteload of moolah, i think im going to be in E-series for life :D

and even if i did, i think i would just retire the XR to 'weekend racer' and modify the absolute crap out of it, respray, panelbeat, full leather interior and monster integrated stezza, full adjustable suspension, HUGE brakes, the works, I want to lap any circuit in Australia quicker than the V8 supercars with time to spare...

and then i would have an auto XR6 turbo with a stage II APS kit on it (good for high 11s low 12s) that would be my drive car...

and then a Viper....mmmmmmmmmmmmm a black or blue coupe with white stripes and the factory chrome wheels, and some sweet NA mods so it goes as hard as it should, thats the cruiser...

but yeah - for all intents and purposes im in love with the E-series cars, and i think i will be forever.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 00:10   #4 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

On a slighty different and slightly the same topic..

Now I may be behind the times here and someone may alreayd be doing this...

The used car market is huge - how strange it would be if someone re-birthed cars! As in like what the wreckers do but do old cars back up to like new condition and sell them as new cars with full waranty. It would be like walking into a car yard 10 years ago!

Rebuilt motors, transmissions, interior, electronics, etc.. However society would reject this guaranteed....

Stupid thought I know... Who would pay $20K for an ED thats in 100% perfect nick with 100 000km warranty with all improved parts?

Dan...

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 00:20   #5 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

My next car, which will be a younger e series is goin to be with me until i can afford something from europe, even then i might do as rollin is plannin, retire it to be a weekend race car.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:00   #6 (permalink)

if i ever get bored with my e series car i'll save n turbo it or something,prefer the older cars they look nicer once all done up nicely etc..

but yeah if i ever get the urge to go new i would go up to new it'd be 5 yrs over bracket..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!

Last edited by hoon69; 02-05-2004 at 01:06.
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:15   #7 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

I love the look of my EL and I love the feel of her under foot and on the black stuff. I'll hang on to her for some time yet. I'm happy that I own her and can do what I want mods wise etc. No plans for another car. Perhaps the next step will be a company car, in which case I may keep the EL as well.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:17   #8 (permalink)

At the momet im sticking with the EB. If i endup putting a decent ammount of cash into it ill probly keep it for years to come even when i buy another car.
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:35   #9 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Can't see getting rid of the EB - resale value means nothing to me :) I'll just keep her as a hot daily driver and have one or two burnout cars for taking to pissups hehe
Plan is to have my WB panno get a v12, and eventually I wouldn't mind a Camaro or Transam either....

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:50   #10 (permalink)

thats the way to go, leave it till its worth nothing, then keep it coz u can't get something for it.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons