EA for $5990! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2003, 20:45   #1 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

EA for $5990!

I was reading through our local newspaper and spotted a 91 EA Aniversary CFI GL Sedan for $5990 at a car dealer. I laughed and said he was dreaming! I was so curious as to the ridiculously high price tag that I went over and had a look at it. I got over there and saw the outside and thought yeah it's in good nick, paint was all good, no dents. Looked inside, console had started to perish a bit being an EA appart from that good nick. Then I looked at the K's!!! It only has 82,000k's on it!!!! That has to be some sort of record, I didn't test drive it or anything, but has anyone come across an EA with so few k's on it?

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2003, 20:49   #2 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Not personally. Think there was some one who picked one up with 60000ks on the forums but.
2nd EF GLi, 'custom' interior, extractors, exhuast
3rd EA Fairmont 5spd, low'd, extractors, exhuast, head
work, 3.45LSD, EL dash, interior+ El ECU
4th EB2 Fairmont, EL dash and interior, BBM, LSD etc etc
5th EB Fairmont Ghia 5L. All leather, lowered, exhaust etc
EFJase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 00:08   #3 (permalink)

I work at a ford dealership, and we recently traded an EA Fairmont Ghia on a new BA. I asked the boss if he wanted to sell it to me for a parts car like the previous one and he told me to get stuffed. I asked why. He told me he sold the car new to this guy in March 1990 and it has had so little driving on it the Speedo had, and this is no bulldust, 37,000 k's on it. The car sold for 8 grand! can you believe it. This guy had two cars, and the falcon was only used for trips to melbourne, once every three months! I wish I got a photo of it for proof to you all, however, I may be able to swing the Vic Roads slip that the boss got for proof of k's, and its genuine. The car was so little used that the battery was always dead when he drove it. Me personally I think that it can't be good for the car. Its service record was up to date also, every 3 months regardless of k's it was serviced as according to the book. Shocked the hell outa me.
Old 05-25-2003, 00:33   #4 (permalink)
Lost in FF

i have a vc dunnydore that i'm half fixing up to sell it only has 111,000 ks on it only thing wrong is the timing is all out had to clean the carby small dents in a door and needs new paint and fix interior up abit
Old 05-25-2003, 01:03   #5 (permalink)

I saw an 86 Magna advertised by a dealer in the local newspaper a while ago with 15,000 K's on it! Pretty amazing, they wanted the absolute top dollar for it as well, more than double what the average 86 Magna is worth.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 03:53   #6 (permalink)
Often has bolts left over

Lowest ive ever heard is a 1984 Mitsubishi Colt with 25000km
i know the elderly lady who owns it. she had to replace the tires because they decayed, not wore out. she fills the tank every 6 months. 20km a week - 10km to shops, 10km back.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:30   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The least i've ever seen on an old car was about 35,000 kays on a 1976 Toyota Cressida. I was walking past and I saw this shiny red thing out of the corner of my eye. I'm not interested in Toyotas, but hell, when I saw this thing I went and had a gawk.

It had plastic from factory on the door linings, 'Factory Air' sticker on the front window and a sticker recommending it be serviced by Toyota.

Lowest I've come across for an EA is 60,000. It was in the Trading Post last year advertised for $12k. 6 Seater, 3.9 CFI. Go figure!

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:35   #8 (permalink)
donuts2001

Saw Australia's worst roadgoing EB today... some guy had it advertised in the paper for less then $1000 so went and had a look-see.

The car was still on the road... surprisingly....

The bumper bars were held on by self taping screws, every panel had rust in it, the roof was crumpled down in some places, and rust around the windscreen and boot. Surprisingly the CFI motor still works seeing that I opened up the coolant bottle which was completely empty except for rust stains. The doors seemed to have dints and damage, the battery terminals corroded, the indicators cracked and with water condensation in them. The interior was battered and the centre console deterioiating. There were probably another 100 things wrong with it.. but I stopped looking.

Owner wanted to know if I wanted to take it for a drive... but I felt too sorry for the poor car.

RIP.... Poor EB
Old 05-25-2003, 05:46   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

Friend of mine owns a 1965 Ford XP Fairmont, with 34000miles. He bought it in 1982 with 31000miles. Lucky if he drives it 100miles a year. Car is in MINT condition and always garaged.
johnny r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 03:00   #10 (permalink)

I've driven an EF fairmont ghia that had about 25000 kms on it, also a 90000 km NA fairlane..

EB's didn't have CFI's ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons