EA/EB etc info :) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2004, 06:46   #1 (permalink)

EA/EB etc info :)

Hey guys i'm looking for a new car, the XF ute is nakered so i've decided to get a EA or an EB love the look of the e-series on a whole :).

Now my dilema is that i don't know much about these cars at all, they look good (imo) and i've seen some go fast but otherwise i know bugger all. I'm looking at EA's esspecially since they are a fair bit cheaper than EB's but i've heard they have alot of problems engine wise.

Is the cost of an EBII GLI worth it i mean they seem a little expensive when you can get EL fairmont ghias for only another 5k more is the 4.0 litre really that much better?

perhaps i'm looking in the wrong places (carsales.com.au) but the EA's are dead cheap and mostly look to be in pretty good condition yet similar EB/II are asking 2 or 3k more.

I guess i should get to the point should i get an EA and work with that or should i save the extra for an EB or even look at an EF GLI?

Thanks for any help guys :).
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2004, 15:12   #2 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

Re: EA/EB etc info :)

There's a whole section on this forum dedicated to e-series falcons. On the front page its down the bottom-ish called EA Falcon Club or something similar. Not "e-series trucks" that also appears LOL..

Save the extra for a EB series 2+. They came with the 4.0L, no chance of getting a throttle body injected model, and are generally more refined.

Unless you find a REALLY good multipoint EA.

Dan..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 15:22   #3 (permalink)
nEb
HYPER-6

ea's are good because they are cheap and slightly lighter than eb's. if you can find a manual multipoint ea in good condition for fairly cheap i would probably go for that.

otherwise eb series 2 are a little more expensive but are more refined and with the 4.0l engine, all have 4spd autos, remote central locking, i think they have more sound deadening to make them quieter inside.

and then ef's are also good.. more refined again, and quicker than ea/eb/ed, plus being newer is always a good thing.

really any of these cars are good.. just find something thats in good condition and has been well looked after for a decent price.
Old 12-29-2004, 18:00   #4 (permalink)
habib

check out www.eafalcon.com lots of info there
freddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 18:21   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the help guys :).
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 15:13   #6 (permalink)
Rattle clunk......

Depending on what your budget is, if you cant get a good condition ED Futura or Fairmont for under 4k there is something wrong....

mynameisdanny@hotmail.com
nothin suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 23:43   #7 (permalink)

EB's and the 4ltr mpfi all the way man wouldnt go back to EA if my life depended on it if i owned a EB....
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:47   #8 (permalink)
EB wagon

Something to remember is that early EB's also had TBI engine. I was told not to buy an EA so i brought an EB but it had TBI. I dont care what anyone says, the 3.9L MPI engine is just as good as a 4.0L if u plan on head / exhaust work.

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:55   #9 (permalink)
Packed up and gone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman82
There's a whole section on this forum dedicated to e-series falcons. On the front page its down the bottom-ish called EA Falcon Club or something similar..
The club has "moved on"

You will find it if you go to fordforums(dot)com DOT AY YOU!

Last edited by XR6child; 01-06-2005 at 06:57. Reason: Whats with this editing my Ay You? come on! this is crazy!
XR6child is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons