EA Fairmont Ghia Climate Control Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2004, 04:18   #1 (permalink)

frown EA Fairmont Ghia Climate Control Problem

Hi all,

Just new to this forum, I have a problem with my 1990 Fairmont Ghia Climate Control system, when I turn the ignition to the "on" position, the climate systems flashes approx 6 times then stops. I consulted a "Gregory's Manual" for this model, and it does not offer much assistance other than to take it to a mechanic. A friend recently purchased the same type of car and his climate control does not flash on startup.

Any help would be most appreciated
electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2004, 05:45   #2 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Re: EA Fairmont Ghia Climate Control Problem

It is the in dash sensor give me a day and i can give you the way we fix them at work
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:49   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch7472
It is the in dash sensor give me a day and i can give you the way we fix them at work
Hi Big John,
You've got me interested, this is the first bit of information that anyone has told me about the problem. Can It be fixed and if so can you tell me how to do it on my own if possible.

Thanks

Electrix (AKA Greg)
Old 09-13-2004, 06:05   #4 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Have you tried the self test. See http://www.autoemf.com.au/ford_acc.htm
Old 09-13-2004, 17:06   #5 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

As blue said have you tryed the self test,if not then this it what you need to do the site is the same one i would tell you to go, the main sensor that will always fail is the cabin sniffer which is behind the dash center trim, three screws to undo and out it comes be carful no to break the littel lugs of the trim its self and make shore you unplug it be for you pull it out of its mounting. Once you do the self test it will cancel the code erro but it will only be a quick fix. Also if you have had the computer out of the car you will have to reset the whole system which is coved in the owners manual in the car. Hope this has been of some help. If you need any more help give me a e-mail.
Old 09-13-2004, 17:11   #6 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

start the car, on the climate control, hold the floor button then press the off button, it will got all 8's and self test at the end will spit out error code, or just turn off, test and let us know.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:41   #7 (permalink)

Hi Dellboy999, ch7472 & Aussiblue.

As you all suggested I performed the self test function, and it had the error code "E2". The website that you sent me to refers to something called the "Blend Door Servo Motor". Any suggestions on how to fix the fault, or is it not worth doing

Thanks for all your help

Greg
Old 09-14-2004, 05:25   #8 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

The blend door is the littel flap which as the name says blends the upper and lower heater range, it is a real pain to fix at the dealers we quote 7hrs to fix because they recomend you pull the dash out to do the job per hand book. or you can leave it and put up with the fashing each time you start the car. It should not stop your climate control system from working.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:13   #9 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Yes usually it means a broken blend door.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:53   #10 (permalink)

confused Re: EA Fairmont Ghia Climate Control Problem

Thanks guys for your all your help, I am going to have a chat with an aircon mob to see what the $$$ is to get this repaired, I have noticed for quite a while that the heater does not work as well as it used to, But as i have never heard of the "self test" i did not think much of it.

Thanks again

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons