ea fluid leak - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 17:37   #1 (permalink)

confused ea fluid leak

gday i was wondering if anyone has had a problem with fluid leaking on the exhuast.I'm not sure if it is coming from the auto or power steering,when i go up hills with a trailer on or rev it over 3500rpm it dumps fluid on the exhuast.I've degreased everything and still can't find were it is coming from cause it wont do it until it is under load and when i get back under it everything is coated in fluid.If i had to guess it would be the little censor on the steering rack,sump gasket on gearbox,front seal on gearbox or gearbox cracked.Any help or ideas would be appreciated.cheers
blow me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2007, 22:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: ea fluid leak

if its squirting onto the exhaust it has to be under pressure,,therefore it will be either the power steering switch or a power steering hose leak,,to check the power steering switch, idle the car get a friend or someone to put it on full lock and look for a stream of fluid,,same with the hoses
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons