ea questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2004, 00:10   #1 (permalink)

ea questions

Hi guys,
In the morning or when I have not driven my 89 ea for a couple of days it frog hops on acceleration for roughly five seconds then it runs smooth. Is there any way of fixing this problem or is it an age thing? Is it doing any damage? The fuel pump has been recently replaced.
Also, the rear garnish contains an SVO badge where the GL badge normally sits. The car has a full body kit- front/rear spoiler and side skirts as well as wavey art work along the sides. The front spoiler has an 'SV improved' badge, and 15 inch 'performance' (as they are labelled) rims but other than that I can't find any other mods, although the rear of the car almost looks as though it has been jacked up (go figure). I have posted this question before a while back, but was just wondering if this is someone's attempt to copy a real SVO? Why would they go to the bother of seeking SVO badges? Is there any way of being able to tell if it is a dinkum SVO?
Other than that the car is running very well, and I hope to dispell the myth of the general automotive industry that the 3 speed cpfi ea's are shit.
Cheers
ian_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons