EA tappet replacement - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2004, 11:47   #1 (permalink)

EA tappet replacement

Guys, I've got an '89 3.9 CFI SPac with over 200 k's on it. It has a rattley tappet at idle that comes and goes. Oil gets changed ever 5000ks, tried several different oils and now I've finally resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to replace the tappets. The Haynes manual shows me how to take it down as far as removing the rocker arms but no more. Can I replace just the tappet assembly or do I have to replace the entire rocker? If I can replace just the tappets, what's the procedure? Adjustment? Preload? Preoiling? Just want to know what I'm in for before I turn the first wrench.

Nigel
xmhrdtp-easpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons