EB II Idel Pully - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 23:49   #1 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

EB II Idel Pully

gday

while been drivin my car been hearin a crap loud of noise coming from under the hood, when i looked under the hood after the noise had increasingly became so loud to descovered that it was coming from the idel pully

took off the pully found out the hole insides were seased up, the barings inside wouldnt move, altho it was still moving when it was attatched to the belt, took off the seal, sprayed with WD40 an improved abit, but still holding a little, so greased it all in there, and turned like it should

put the pully back on the bracket and drove it around again, altho the sound is there but not as bad, but you can tell its there, unsure of what it is now, investigating thow.

i was wondering if anyone else has had idel pully problems before and how they solved there problem, for better or worse, also weather this has been related to other problems realated to the pully.

cheers

-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2005, 03:15   #2 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Re: EB II Idel Pully

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
gday

while been drivin my car been hearin a crap loud of noise coming from under the hood, when i looked under the hood after the noise had increasingly became so loud to descovered that it was coming from the idel pully

took off the pully found out the hole insides were seased up, the barings inside wouldnt move, altho it was still moving when it was attatched to the belt, took off the seal, sprayed with WD40 an improved abit, but still holding a little, so greased it all in there, and turned like it should

put the pully back on the bracket and drove it around again, altho the sound is there but not as bad, but you can tell its there, unsure of what it is now, investigating thow.

i was wondering if anyone else has had idel pully problems before and how they solved there problem, for better or worse, also weather this has been related to other problems realated to the pully.

cheers
i have my old mechanic thought it was the tightening nut was eroding and needed to be replaced but he found out it was the pulley, he replaced and i have never heard that annoying noise again!!!!
its like when you first start up the car and when you first get going it happens right? far out it annoyed me i went straight back to my mechanic and he pulled it all apart and showed me the pulley and explained its stiff or something like that i was too busy watching an xr8 being reved up, sorry!
cheekybabe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:32   #3 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

cheers cheekybabe85, the noise when u start up the car is horible, its like when someone runs there nails down a charlk board, deafaning, worst noise but for some reason mine is still faintly there, but i think this could be to do with another problem which im currently looking into

Old 07-12-2005, 19:15   #4 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
cheers cheekybabe85, the noise when u start up the car is horible, its like when someone runs there nails down a charlk board, deafaning, worst noise but for some reason mine is still faintly there, but i think this could be to do with another problem which im currently looking into
its a whighning sound, right?
Old 07-12-2005, 23:48   #5 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

well drove it around wit greased barings, but not good, the same noise appears to be coming back, lookin around as well its nothing related ethir everything on the belt seems to be goin normaly accept for that pully, so its down to the barring place an replace the barrings, if dont work, its ethir looking around for a good second hand pully or brand new one

Old 07-14-2005, 02:37   #6 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

decided really really need car back so went to oak ford, got me a new pully from ford spares, brand new $35, i thought it was gonna be alot but i was glad, chucked it in, goes like it used too, thank god for ford

Old 07-14-2005, 04:52   #7 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
decided really really need car back so went to oak ford, got me a new pully from ford spares, brand new $35, i thought it was gonna be alot but i was glad, chucked it in, goes like it used too, thank god for ford
thats great to hear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons