EB Smart lock - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 20:13   #1 (permalink)

EB Smart lock

Hi everyone had trouble a while ago with smart lock not allowing engine to crank. did the usual bypass of start and has been good until now. During hot weather ( not hot engine) the smart lock is flashing and cutting spark,inj etc will crank because bypassed. I have dismantled module and cannot see any signs of poor solder joints etc.
Is there any other common causes for this?
Is the most common cause the barrel and key or smart lock module?
Can i replace ecu with EA series 2 multi point 4 speed auto unit without smart lock?

Thanks Dean
kassan1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010, 05:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: EB Smart lock

Make sure your courtesy lamp fuse is not blown.
Often the barrel doesn't "see" the key and so will not comunicate with the module
You can leave the ignition in the "on" position for 30 minutes (on EB) and the smartlock module will be overridden.
If yo turn the engine off and can start again within 30 seconds the fault is most likely the ignition switch
If you are unable to start within the 30 seconds it is most likely the module
If you replace the ECM with a non smartlock type you loose central locking - I think
luckybloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:06   #3 (permalink)

Thanks will try leaving ign on see what happens ECM i was going to change would be main engine trans ECU to one which doesnt require signal from smart lock module ie EA series 2 might try one anyway will just need to check pin locations are the same as EB for engine and trans.
kassan1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 22:02   #4 (permalink)

Hey i have a 91 eb s i scored a full 92 eb 2 with 149 thou on the clock fa 50 bucks,im thinking if this model used the key fob as mine dont,how hard would it be to swap Bcm,s ,and i also have a corroded head so hoping the 4 litre head will fit my 3.9 ?? any ideas people would be appreciated.Iam an old fan of this site had 9 falcons .
Kevenbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons