EB wagon water leaking throught rear door? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-05, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 68
EB wagon water leaking throught rear door?

Can someone help.
My EB Wagon has developed a leak somewhere on the rear door. Water is getting into the spare tyre compartment but coming from somewhere up top. Does anyone know of a possible location to start looking. Anyone had this problem before. The floorboard is all wet, mouldy and swollen up. The door seal looks fine. Please help.

keep research is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-05, 03:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 44
Re: EB wagon water leaking throught rear door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep research
Can someone help.
My EB Wagon has developed a leak somewhere on the rear door. Water is getting into the spare tyre compartment but coming from somewhere up top. Does anyone know of a possible location to start looking. Anyone had this problem before. The floorboard is all wet, mouldy and swollen up. The door seal looks fine. Please help.
eb wagon rear door water getting in

same problem allthough i havnt fixed it yet
hillster is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-05, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 68
Re: EB wagon water leaking throught rear door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillster
eb wagon rear door water getting in

same problem allthough i havnt fixed it yet
found the problem...was told to make sure the baby capsule bolts are in as if the bolts are left out, particularly the outside ones the water comes up through the wheel arch and runs down under the carpet towards the rear door seal.
keep research is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-05, 02:02 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 44
Re: EB wagon water leaking throught rear door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep research
found the problem...was told to make sure the baby capsule bolts are in as if the bolts are left out, particularly the outside ones the water comes up through the wheel arch and runs down under the carpet towards the rear door seal.
no shit where are they i cant find them ive got the carpet up?
hillster is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-05, 03:04 AM
Registered User
 
hoon69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,650
Re: EB wagon water leaking throught rear door?

straight behind the rear seat if its a wagon i doubt its the baby seat bolt
if its in wheel arch its probably the lock mechanism check make sure it aint loose or top rubber..

if it aint one of those then meh must be the baby seat hole..

cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-05, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 68
Re: EB wagon water leaking throught rear door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon69
straight behind the rear seat if its a wagon i doubt its the baby seat bolt
if its in wheel arch its probably the lock mechanism check make sure it aint loose or top rubber..

if it aint one of those then meh must be the baby seat hole..

Thanks a million....It was indeed the Baby seat bolt hole.
keep research is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-05, 12:02 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 44
Re: EB wagon water leaking throught rear door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep research
Thanks a million....It was indeed the Baby seat bolt hole.
mine was the two peices of metal parting in the petrol filler hole silicon has fixed that problem :)
hillster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome