ed 5 ltr sleeper - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 07:38   #1 (permalink)
ed 5ltr

ed 5 ltr sleeper

hey! just bought an ed 5 ltr(standard falcon) and like the idea of leaving her a sleeper.ive decided on a lukey exhaust system and headers (prolly 2 and a half inch straight through with cat) anyway does any of the readers know how much a full lukey will set me back?cheers!
tommo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2005, 23:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: ed 5 ltr sleeper

I know that on an I6 a full exhaust is roughly $350 so id say $400 or so on an 8. I Have been told that lukey exhausts aren't as good and that pacemakers are the way to go :D
Tomek_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 23:42   #3 (permalink)

go the pacemakers, they won't leave you with much change from $700 tho. i've got them in mine with a dual 2.5 custom system with high flow cats and sports mufflers dumping at the diff. great sound
BeNcHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:50   #4 (permalink)
ed 5ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNcHo
go the pacemakers, they won't leave you with much change from $700 tho. i've got them in mine with a dual 2.5 custom system with high flow cats and sports mufflers dumping at the diff. great sound
hey thanks!decided on 3inch from the cat(s) back with a 16 ich hotdog and performance tip...great sound good performance!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:14   #5 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Nice work tommo74

Just remember that 3" on a stock 5.0 might be slightly overkill (lack of low-down torque from bigger pipe)

Then again I've done similar, I bought pacemakers, new (not high flow) flanged cats, twin 2.5" piping leading into single 3" pipe, with a single deep offset muffler. Sounds meaty, is quiet on idle and fkn loud when you sink the boot!

Here's a small clip of my exhaust Rename the .txt extension to .3gp

You need Quicktime to run .3gp movies

-Dave-
Attached Files
File Type: txt Ghia5L (just driving off).txt (48.6 KB, 32 views)
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:44   #6 (permalink)
ed 5ltr

was worried about it sapping performance..but the elderly italian gent at carline assured me it wont...and ive always got the three inch for when other mods come into action i guess1but i am a little worried yeah...done my research..well well see how she goes...sounds great (loud as hell)yet to drive her on open rd...ill keep ya posted but thanx,appreciated
Old 05-17-2005, 08:57   #7 (permalink)
ed 5ltr

thanx guys for all yer help.Just thought id post back and see if mt new signature is up...loving it!
Old 05-17-2005, 18:33   #8 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Oh! I see you have GT40P heads already! I assumed you had a pretty much standard engine. Yes, I did the same when I got my exhaust, even though it is a little large for the 5.0 at the moment, it'll match it fine once I get my own GT40Ps + other power adders

Do you still have the HO manifold? If so, this will be a choke point and your heads won't be flowing to their full potential, so a larger intake manifold set such as Explorers off an AU or aftermarket ones (aftermarket are better for a hot N/A setup I think, but anyone else reading this feel free to correct me)

Also, a 65-70mm MAF and a 65mm t/b would be good too if you don't already have those :D

-Dave-
Lows
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

Old 05-18-2005, 08:29   #9 (permalink)
ed 5ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Oh! I see you have GT40P heads already! I assumed you had a pretty much standard engine. Yes, I did the same when I got my exhaust, even though it is a little large for the 5.0 at the moment, it'll match it fine once I get my own GT40Ps + other power adders

Do you still have the HO manifold? If so, this will be a choke point and your heads won't be flowing to their full potential, so a larger intake manifold set such as Explorers off an AU or aftermarket ones (aftermarket are better for a hot N/A setup I think, but anyone else reading this feel free to correct me)

Also, a 65-70mm MAF and a 65mm t/b would be good too if you don't already have those :D

-Dave-
dave gimme info buddy1the car was done when i got it...im at a loss!but as far as i know the oringinal ho stands...like i said in other forums lol...dave ...tell me what to do and i will BUILD IT!
Old 05-18-2005, 19:18   #10 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

I think a mod should merge these threads (please), there are like 3 that have morphed into the same subject!

Umm, what can I say... The standard HO manifold would mean you're not getting anything out of your GT40Ps or much out of your exhaust. My EB will probably be able to keep up with your ED (despite E7 heads) because your HO simply isn't allowing your GT40Ps for flow to their full potential. If you're keen and take pull your t/b away from your HO, you can measure the internal diameter of it. The HO has like a 55mm ID. I have a 65mm t/b mated to my 55mm HO, so I don't get the full potential of the t/b. I do however get greater responsiveness due to the butterfly opening/closing just as quickly as the standard t/b, but it allows more flow due to having a larger ID.

I'll post up a pic showing the differences between the standard MAF and a 70mm one (my old & new ones)

Maybe posting in the Windsor section (or maybe a mod can merge these threads & move the single uber thread to the Windsor section ) will get you more attention for your questions. Coz not all the Windsor guys look in the E-series section, especially since the vast majority of E-series owners have I6s.

If you make a new thread in the Windsor section, do 3 things:

1) State what you know your ED has
2) state what you want to have done to your ED (and ask how to go about doing this)
3) make links to your other threads, and ask mods to possibly merge your threads to make life easier for everyone on the forums

Despite my advice to make another thread: Don't get all thread happy though!

One last bit of contradicting advice: maybe posting in the Superchargers/Turbos/NOS section???

-Dave-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70mm vs 58mm.jpg (39.2 KB, 15 views)
Lows
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons