ED - Drivers window sticking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2005, 21:29   #1 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

ED - Drivers window sticking

Just lookig for some suggestions.
I have a ED sprint with manual windows.
The drivers window winds down fine but when trying to wind up, it gets very thight about half way up. If I grab the window it self and move it towards the back of the car with my hand and wind the handle it goes up smoothly. It seems that the window is tilting farward in the guide rails (toward the front of the car).
I have checked the the winder mech and it has a 1997 date stamp on it and seems in good / new condition (the ED Sprint is a 1994 model). I am thinking that the previous owner may have also had this issue and tried to fix it..
I have not put any goo in the window guides (like Ford do on AU and BA's these days to fix a similar problem.)
Any suggestons? It seems like the metal mount on the botom of the window may not ben in the right place. I have not triedd to move it along the window for fear of breaking the window......
Any ideas??
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2005, 22:10   #2 (permalink)
I...DRIVE....FORD!!!

Re: ED - Drivers window sticking

im having the same problem with my EBII S, it goes down like it should but when winding up it will start to become stiff tell just 5cm away from closing it decides to behave.
mine wobbles around a little bit when its wound down half way, and this i just started to notice too, i bought that car not to long ago, just after end of may, something the prievious own forgot to mention i guess im goin to rip it open and have a looksee soon, tell ya if i see anything

-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:19   #3 (permalink)

Hey i am also having trouble with my drivers side window, all the others are fine. i have a 95 EF wagon though. i have taken all the door trim off and then wound it up and it worked sweet, so maybe it has something to do with the trim, i can not work it out. Does anyone else know?
Thorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:42   #4 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

Mine is not trim related. I tried it before I put the trim back on and it still happens. Mine if moving farward into the window rails / runers..
Old 05-16-2005, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
EF Falcon

It is the runners catching the window and straining the regulator.

My EF did the same thing on the drivers window, then one night I got home from work (4am) and halfway up the reg died and I was stuck with a window at half height and no off street parking.

So I got a screw driver and removed the door trim then I forced the window all the way up adn bashed some timber into the door so it wouldn't fall down again.

Ended up having to get a new regulator.

My advise, for a temp fix is to get some of that spray on lube and grease the runners before your regs die completely at soem odd time.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:37   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, same problem....... I just help mine up with my left hand. Might fix it one day. It is getting progressively worse though.
RPO-083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:01   #7 (permalink)

clean the gunk out of the runners with a flat blade screw driver then lube generously with silicon spray or graphite powder. works every time.
zc347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 17:39   #8 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

ZC347,
That is what i was thinking. The runners are clean. The window is clean. I have some dry silicon spray and was going to try that this weekend..
Old 05-19-2005, 23:51   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdennis
ZC347,
That is what i was thinking. The runners are clean. The window is clean. I have some dry silicon spray and was going to try that this weekend..
See if you can find stuff called Lube stick at your servo , its a dry lube stick which works very well .and is cheeo
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:48   #10 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

Update,
I happened to have a can of siliocn spray. I sprayed a small amount in each runner and Bingo... All fixed. No need to pull the door trim off, no need to pull the window out.. All done. Now lets see how long it lasts.

Thanks guys.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons