ED Falcon rear suspension - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 03:11   #1 (permalink)

Question ED Falcon rear suspension

Hi Guys and Girls

Had some new shocks installed on my futura recently but now I get this unusual clunking noise whenever I go over decent sized ruts in the road or those narrow speed humps. The sound is coming from the right rear shock area. I've never had this noise before. The sound is similar to the noise when you release the fuel flap, sounds like something is hitting the body, it seems to only happen on the rebound of the shock/spring.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? What about the bump stops? My Falcon has coil sprun suspension.

Any tips/ideas would be great!!
Fordman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2005, 05:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: ED Falcon rear suspension

Maybe its that when they but the shocks in they didnt tighen them enough try and tighten the the shock and see what happens. I had a simmilar kind of problem and tightning them seemed to help.
Old 11-27-2005, 16:56   #3 (permalink)

Re: ED Falcon rear suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm250
Maybe its that when they but the shocks in they didnt tighen them enough try and tighten the the shock and see what happens. I had a simmilar kind of problem and tightning them seemed to help.

yeah for sure check the nut on the top of the strut tower.
hillster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons