ED Falcon Turbo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 22:39   #1 (permalink)

Question ED Falcon Turbo

I have an ED 4.0 litre Falcon Futura and I would be interested in fitting the turbo kit listed below from Snort Performance in Albury. I read the article on turbo charging Ford sixes in the Street machine magazine. I didn't realise how much potential these motors have. I will be joining a local car club and compete in some drag racing events, I would like around 6 pounds of boost.

I just have a couple of questions to ask so if anyone could help that would be great. Does anyone in Sydney offer a fitting service and if yes, how much to drive in and drive out for the stage 2 turbo kit ? What sort of testing would be required to ensure the engine is in good condition to have a turbo fitted? Is a engineers certificate required, where do I get these from?

There was also mentioned in the Street Machine article some additional issues/parts that may be required like, good fuel supply, engine oil breathing system, aftermarket catch can. What if any of these components would be required?

I have been unable to get in contact with Snort Performance, must be on holidays.

FORD FALCON EB (3.9L & 4.0L)/ED/EF/EL/AU TURBO KITS
Stage 2 Turbo Kit
base Turbo Kit Features:

1 x custom s/steel log style turbo manifold
1 x garret to4e turbocharger ( rated over 400hp )
fitted with duel internal wastegates
3 inch s/steel dump pipe with o2 bung
Teflon braided oil feed lines,vclamps,oil sender t
Teflon oil drain lines gaskets and fittings
3 inch pod filter
price 2500.00 + 125.oo shipping
Fordman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006, 03:22   #2 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

Re: ED Falcon Turbo

Mate take it from me it all starts out nice and cheap and than BANG there goes the engine or diff or gearbox, and next thing you Know you have spent $30000. I have my turbo falcon for sale, its in the forsale section with all the specs and pictures buy this and you will have a legal car for half the price of building one.

EB GT Black Manual with Sunroof Build Number 98

BA Fairmont Ice Mint Silver
EATURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:11   #3 (permalink)

cool Re: ED Falcon Turbo

Hi there EA TURBO,

I hear what your saying about engine mods and the little extras that add up, but I'm only after a basic setup of 6 pounds boost. From what I've been reading around the place, this basic stage 2 setup on offer is a good package for a healthy gain of about 90 kw at the wheels, did your car start small and get biggger overtime or did you shoot straight for the top of the line mod? Has anyone had the same experience with the kind of modification?

Fordman777
Old 01-19-2006, 04:20   #4 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

My mate lives in Newcastle and drives a GTR he loves My EA turbo, he would love to buy it

Old 01-20-2006, 15:19   #5 (permalink)

your so unlucky ay
watched a AIT EA (turbo'd ea)sell for just over 2k on ebay a few months back

anyways get onto ebay and go buy the parts yourself in the end it'll be cheaper etc and look at ppls sigs etc and talk to the guys who have done the conversions etc
my mates xr6 eb is now turbo'd and mate it fly's
they dont frequent ere alot but are on ffau alot so i'll cut n paste this link to em and get em to reply on ere.
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 16:07   #6 (permalink)

Tongue Re: ED Falcon Turbo

I here ya mate, I've decided to go for the Snort Performance stage 2 turbo kit and I'll get them to fit it for me. A couple of extras that I'm told I need are, shift kit for the auto, battery to the boot, intercooler, better fuel regulator(at only 6 psi could get away with not using this, but again, its good to have for future mods). My budget for the turbo is $5000 which should be acheivable, the only must have extra is upgraged dba brake package which is around $1750 - $2000 fitted. Other than that, the car will be a sleeper.

If anyone else out there has some advice with building these turbo fords, advice would be welcomed.

Fordman777
Old 01-20-2006, 21:20   #7 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon69
your so unlucky ay
watched a AIT EA (turbo'd ea)sell for just over 2k on ebay a few months back

anyways get onto ebay and go buy the parts yourself in the end it'll be cheaper etc and look at ppls sigs etc and talk to the guys who have done the conversions etc
my mates xr6 eb is now turbo'd and mate it fly's
they dont frequent ere alot but are on ffau alot so i'll cut n paste this link to em and get em to reply on ere.
Thats really Good advice there Hoon69, what sort of experience do you have building and owning a turbo falcon. Sorry but a carnt see the value in spending $7000 on a ED Falcon when the engine gearbox and diff are going to need a Full overhaul in the next 12months, Theres a bloke named Mick Malta on these forums that brought my old turbo set up and with 200rwkw he has destroyed his motor and Gearbox. Turboing a car is cheap, doing it using Quality Parts and having it hold together with over 300rwkw is very expensive, but hey what would i know

Old 02-01-2006, 04:22   #8 (permalink)
Almost back

turbo ea is right if you think your gonna add 90rwkw in a reliable set up you better have 20k in the bank or your gonna be a very dissapointed man
Old 02-03-2006, 01:26   #9 (permalink)

i still have a turbo from a BA XR6 sitting in my garage i was thinking of getting my car abit of boost but man it costs too much for my budget.I told around 11 grand to do it properly,Jus save up for a BA dude.Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons