Ed smarklock ' chirp / beep has dissapeared - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 23:47   #1 (permalink)

Ed smarklock ' chirp / beep has dissapeared

Hi everyone,

the ' chirp ' from my smartlock has dissapeared from my ED XR6 . The indicators flash as usual when locking the car and the door actuators all work fine....both the smartlock and led flash on the dash is as normal.....everything appears to be OK .... just the ' Chirp / Beep has gone..!!.. any clues outside the obvious that the under bonnet speaker/siren has died.? I have inserted the alarm key into the under bonnet siren unit and turn it to several different positions. hoping it was just a bad contact... still no sound from it. I set the alarm off... still no sound. ! Have checked the smartlock under dash module connector... it appears to be seated ok.
Any clues ????
do I need to try a full smartlock reset...? if yes, then how.?

Thanks in advance.....appreciate any advice....

cheers
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 15:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ed smarklock ' chirp / beep has dissapeared

FOLLOW UP: I pulled the siren unit apart [ easy ] and tested it with another small home stereo speaker...!! as suspected, the original speaker had died... I then tracked down a similar size speaker / driver from the lads at JayCar..it produces an ear screeching 120db sound level.......after a slight modification to the new part, it fitted into the siren unit perfectly and is now working again Cheers !!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons