EF Climate Controls not working - HELP?! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 22:25   #1 (permalink)

EF Climate Controls not working - HELP?!

Hi all.

I've been searching the forum for help on this issue but haven't found exactly what I need.

[Backstory - My (new) girlfriend totalled my EF Falcon a few months ago when dropping off our baby sitter (no insurance, arrrrgh!), but the next week paid for a replacement EF Fairmont in miiiiiiint condition. She's a keeper!).

The Fairmont has everything working correctly except the climate system. Air con, fan, etc all work, but I can't get air to blow on the screen, OR on my feet.

When I cycle through the vent settings, it "sounds" like things (blend flaps etc) are moving behind the dash, but no air will come to feet, or screen.

Any advice much appreciated. I really DON'T want to pull the dash out.

Anyone know the exact diagnostic input to check the system, and what codes I should look for? Any way to try and recalibrate blend flap motors?

Oh yeah, one more weird thing - when the windscreen wipers are on, they make a scraping noise with each sweep, the noise seeming to come clearly from inside the dash near the windscreen-vent area. Not from outside/the hood cowling. Quite weird. Dunno if this is linked with a jammed vent flap or not?

This is the only thing not working on this virtually one-owner car, so if I can get it fixed I'll be stoked, and have a (near) perfect ride.

Cheers from NZ.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 07:11   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: EF Climate Controls not working - HELP?!

Press "Mode" and "Off" at the same time and wait 60 seconds while it cycles through the self test. It should show a E fault code.
Old 07-13-2009, 00:40   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiblue View Post
Press "Mode" and "Off" at the same time and wait 60 seconds while it cycles through the self test. It should show a E fault code.
Thanks. Just did that - all the icons light up in the Climate display, I hear a blend motor whirring, then the screen just displays off. Waited for several minutes - a couple of small noises from behind dash - but nothing else (just OFF on the display).

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
Old 07-13-2009, 00:53   #4 (permalink)

Hey we are having the same problem at the moment but ours wont change temp, just wondering does car have to be running to do this test?
nzfordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:10   #5 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Yes car should be running and at normal operating temp - otherwise no A/C compressor will be turning.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:12   #6 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

If it just turns off no faults have been detected. Check the vacuum hose in the engine bay at the end of the inlet manifold near the firewall has not become disconnected.
Old 07-14-2009, 00:59   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for that, I was doing this "ignition on/engine off" so I'll try again with engine running.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:07   #8 (permalink)

I get the exact same outcome with the engine running. Icons all light up, a whirring sound, then system switches OFF. Is it detecting now fault?

Vacuum lines look all sound at the manifold.

This is doing my head in.

Any and all suggestions welcome (aside from "can of petrol and a match").
Old 07-21-2009, 02:48   #9 (permalink)
EF falcon

hey mate have a look and listen up under the glove box where the vac lines are sent from the manifold and divided to each air box flap some times the leak or get kicked and unplugged
bivo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 16:28   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivo7 View Post
hey mate have a look and listen up under the glove box where the vac lines are sent from the manifold and divided to each air box flap some times the leak or get kicked and unplugged
Thanks mate, the vacuum lines at the manifold all look good & connected (visually), need to get behind the glovebox to look there - is it much of a bitch to drop the glovebox out?
Cheers man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons