EF Stalling Problem ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 04:16   #1 (permalink)

EF Stalling Problem ?

My 97 E Series Falcon appears to have a intermittant fuel blockage, completely dies when accelerating (dosn't stall)then gets going again if accelerated away gently (if you put the boot in she stalls) then its fine for a week or two and drives normally. Only problem is I've already replaced the fuel filter (made no difference) and it does exactly the same on petrol or gas (seperate systems wierd). Any body go an idea what else may be causing this type of problem.
Cheers
SIMO
HIGHWYCOMBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 05:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: EF Stalling Problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWYCOMBE
My 97 E Series Falcon appears to have a intermittant fuel blockage, completely dies when accelerating (dosn't stall)then gets going again if accelerated away gently (if you put the boot in she stalls) then its fine for a week or two and drives normally. Only problem is I've already replaced the fuel filter (made no difference) and it does exactly the same on petrol or gas (seperate systems wierd). Any body go an idea what else may be causing this type of problem.
Cheers
SIMO
97 would be el
95 would be ef ?
you need to check fuel preasure and check the fuel regulator , if you dont know how we can explain
you might have a faulty relay under the water resoviour on the bracket behind the battery ( thats an el location) if the relay gets wet or corroded the relay will fail intermitantly ( check the manual) I think green is fuel and black is power , good luck
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:23   #3 (permalink)

Thnx atec77.
Connections are ok as is fuel pressure, still batteling on with the problem, had one guy suggest g/box filter blockage;got box serviced no difference. Now have a mate with an AU 6 Falcon Ute recon's he had a similar problem and had machanics replacing all sorts of sensors with no luck, for him it turned out to be most of his injectors were stuffed;so just about to try the same and replace the injectors or at least have them checked. Does this sound plausable to you? THNX again.
Old 09-23-2006, 23:27   #4 (permalink)

iv also had a simular problem in a 2001 fairmont gear. when it was acclerated hard it would take a few seconds to get going again when changing gears.
at the moment im not having any problems with it though. weird.
SBR_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 19:57   #5 (permalink)

Weird to say the least; my old EF has now got worse. I can get it to stuff up on demand by heavy acceleration(mainly after gear change). The plus side it should be easier to find the problem now. Injectors are all working fine and I have cleaned out the throatell(sorry for the spelling) assembley and body all appears to be fine and all electrical connections are ok. Running out of idea's. Any new ones greatly appreciated throw them at me.
Cheers
SIMO
Old 09-25-2006, 03:33   #6 (permalink)

ignition, im proberly way off, but its a guess.

throttle, is the correct way to spell it.
SBR_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:59   #7 (permalink)

park the car at night, bonet up, start engine, in darkness have someone look at the engine and give it a bit of a rev, see if sparks are travelling between leads (spark plug leads), there is your problem :)
Falcon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 17:59   #8 (permalink)

biggrin Re: EF Stalling Problem ?

Quote:
Cheers
SIMO
I have had that sort of problem for about two months, ive already had the injectors cleaned,so next a new fuel pump and filter , all of which made no differance, all this work at a garage and they had no idea what the problem could be ,anyway im not great with car but decided to see if there was a vacuum leak , and by chance removed the vacuum hose from a gizzmo that is mounted on the firewall,also has some wires from it, and there was plenty of vacuum so i replaced it , now the car has no problems, I think the hose was blocked and removing it allowed a good suction to clean it out
cheers jackg2
jackg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 00:37   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Cheers
SIMO
Just did some work today on an EL , it would accelerate slowly but stamp and it went very flat and basically dies , replaced the relay / power behind the battery under the water tank , got better , noticed the timing was wandering so swapped in a repco dizzy ( $125.00) fixed . slight flat spot but a good tune will sort it , the bottom bush on the dizzy was slapping about .6 of mill ( car has done 500k )
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:15   #10 (permalink)
Built Ford Tuff

Got similar problem with my EB. Stamp on the accelerator at the lights and wait for about a second for something to happen. It runs fine when it does go, but lagging for 1 second means the race is over before it's begun. I have cleaned injectors etc, and made no difference. If I take off from a stop at less than full throttle the response is fine. Is this relay in the same spot on EB or is it different? Engine has also done 260 odd thousand k's, so is due for a rebuild. Could it just be general wear?
SilvaEBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons