EF thermo fans on EB2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 21:00   #1 (permalink)

EF thermo fans on EB2

I am fitting EF type electric fans to my EB2. It has EEC4 not the EF's EEC5 does the EEC4 ECU have a pin or two on it's connection that I can wire straight to the fan relays so that I don't have to go out & buy a Fan cotroller to stick into the radiator hose?

Also if anyone knows the correct way to wire the two speed motors can they tell me which wire does what?
Black = negative but the other two I am guessing get connected at the same time for high speed but the lower speed is it white or red it seems to run at the same reduced speed whichever is connected.

Thanks, Jim...
jim5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2005, 05:17   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: EF thermo fans on EB2

There are two wires for each fan.

You have two options. You can either a) run one fast fan for warm and two fast for hot or b) set it so the current runs through both fan motors (connect in series) for warm so they both run slow for warm and then wire them so for hot they are fed current seperately and both run faster. In any event you will need at least two and up to three relays.

Surface mounted thermatic switches are better (don't leak) and much cheaper than the in hose type. I did some psots on this before in the Clevland part of this forum. I will find them and give you a link in a momemnt.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:21   #3 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Read the 8 pages and links in this thread:Twin Thermals
Old 07-08-2005, 17:58   #4 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

There is potentially a third option if you run a V8 processor and have a tuning device like an EEC-Tuner or Tweecer or a programmable chip.

Electric fan how-to for EEC4

This document is specifically directed towards common Mustang processors but if you have a supported Australian processor where the relevant addresses are known this could work for you also.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons