EL distributor refit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2005, 20:00   #1 (permalink)

EL distributor refit

Alrighty I'm putting the engine from an EF into my EL over the weekend and I need to know how to set the distributor up and in what position so that the thing runs right since i'm not going to use the EF coil pack

'97 EL Sapphire, Heritage green, lowered, tint, Manual T5 conversion, "custom" air intake with AUIII T Series snorkel, 2 1/2" mandrel bent lukey exhaust, pacemaker extractors, JVC MP3 head unit and alpine 12" sub.

NEXT UP: New pacies to replace my cracked ones
Greenmeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 23:33   #2 (permalink)
Hanging Around

Re: EL distributor refit

Line up the engine on the timing mark , where no 1 cylinder is on the compression stroke.
With the dizzy out, and the cap off, line up the rotor with the the START mark on the inner cover.
Insert the distributor into the block, ensuring the oil pump drive goes into place and the distributor is sitting flush into the block.
The rotor should now be facing the FINISH mark.

Thats all. :)
Old 02-24-2005, 02:18   #3 (permalink)

Re: EL distributor refit

Thanks a heap very very much appreciated

'97 EL Sapphire, Heritage green, lowered, tint, Manual T5 conversion, "custom" air intake with AUIII T Series snorkel, 2 1/2" mandrel bent lukey exhaust, pacemaker extractors, JVC MP3 head unit and alpine 12" sub.

NEXT UP: New pacies to replace my cracked ones
Greenmeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons