El water leaks ( Cabin ) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 23:21   #1 (permalink)

El water leaks ( Cabin )

Hello,

My EL has started to leak water into the driver side foot-well. It seems to be coming down the firewall, maybe from a blocked drain ? I can't see any damaged seals, and it started all of a sudden. Any thought's ?

Thanks Weazle
Weazle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2005, 00:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: El water leaks ( Cabin )

Could be a windscreen leak, they are bad for it. Fix it quick coz they also leak onto the air bag monitor and stuff em up.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 00:19   #3 (permalink)
No Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazle
Hello,

My EL has started to leak water into the driver side foot-well. It seems to be coming down the firewall, maybe from a blocked drain ? I can't see any damaged seals, and it started all of a sudden. Any thought's ?

Thanks Weazle
Rubber Seals around your doors...do another check

I majorily think its the windscreen. water runs and could possibly along the side down to the floor. so check the base of your windscreen!

is ur car manual? ive heard that spotwelds on the firewall break causing water to run down <--- dont know if its true but ive heard it once before.

fordchik xx
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 04:44   #4 (permalink)

Hello,

The car is an auto, but gets driven hard on rough roads. Running a hose down near the front of the windscreen ( from the engine bay ) caused water to come in. I was hoping to clear a drain in case it was blocked. I am quite sure it isn't a door seal. The water comes down the inside of the firewall, the airbag light has been on for months..... ( well before this )

Thanks Weazle
Weazle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:46   #5 (permalink)
No Shit

more certain its your windscreen.

PS ur airbag light stays on? Thats also a worry. Get ur airbags serviced as they could be at fault. Light is meant to go away.
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 17:42   #6 (permalink)

I'm having the same problem. It's driving me insane. I live in Coffs and my dear Ghia has to stay ungaraged (the wife's Swift gets priority as its new). And we've had more than our fair share of rain, and everymorning theres a nice pool of water in the drivers foot well. The water comes down in the area of the left rest pedal but from actually where it comes from i can only guess. Tried taping up the whole plastic cover over the wiper motor but it still leaks(need holes for the wipers). To get it fixed I reckon would cost way more than i'm willing to pay. Might have to build a carport. But any other suggestions which do not require major removal of dash components would be appreciated. The car is starting to stink.
rudyfeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons