Firefox's EF Super...clear up some facts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2004, 04:57   #1 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

biggrin Firefox's EF Super...clear up some facts

Hi Guy's....

I need to clarify some important issue's raised by another forum member that sought of attacked my cars look or should I say it's badging under the post : Ok...You Have been waiting for this...Movie of car EF Super car....

The main moderator Donut king closed the thread before I had a chance to respond and he has every right too take such action...explained in terms of use.

The vechile in question in the video is a 1996 Series II Fairmont Ghia V8 in Heritage Green as most of you already know and have never hidden this fact from the day I bought it....The car was originally done up as a EL GT Replica.....but the car was sought of half finished. The Gt Interior..dash....Gt Momo steering wheel and timber paneling was completed along with the badging and most of the exterior was complete apart from the side skirts, wheel flairs and front bar. Half way into the project the engine and suspension was the main focus and it does sport original EL GT suspension, But the main focus was the V8 powerplant and as you could see from the video it is a very quick little 5 litre for a car of that weight. Bear in mind it is also using the standard torque converter so it is technically a lot slower than it should be....mainly because a 2500 rpm converter was not a suitable option driving to and from work in sydney peak hour traffic due to overheating problems ( was advice given from a transmission expert).

As far as i'm concerned alot of guys run around with replica's be it xw,xy,xa,xb,eb......i see them all the time at shows and club runs....and they all sport a GT Badge.....I bought the car this way and it will remain this way..... If the car wasn't worthy I would have removed it.

End of Story.

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs

Last edited by firefox7; 01-20-2004 at 18:54.
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2004, 09:10   #2 (permalink)
EA-S MPI 5-Speed

Re: Firefox's EF Super...clear up some facts

oooo000ooooo
ay if u guys r racing make an event of it. i am sure many e-series members will be there

Last edited by NZ; 01-20-2004 at 15:13.
BoZZa17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:19   #3 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

How was there $5000 spent on the heads, $2000 spent on a GT-40 manifold, and what was 'modded' on the block.

PS: It is a very nice car though, although the bodykit and badging is not my cuppa tea.
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH

Last edited by NZ; 01-20-2004 at 15:14.
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:53   #4 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Its just interesting to find out some of the stuff thats gone into the motor . . .

What made you choose the NA route firefox ?
Obviously reliability is going to be much much better now that you've all that work, but I would have thought that S/C would have probably been a much cheaper method, although somewhat different in character . . .

Although I guess you could probably drop on a s/c now, and go crazy :) (unless comp is too high or something now) Although even an aftermarket windsor block might not survive the upgraded power levels :)

I think we probably all need to get over the badging/kit thing now . . . some like it, some don't . . . Lets just concentrate on the interesting stuff . . .

Last edited by XR8 Lamah; 01-20-2004 at 12:56. Reason: ffs. I just can't type.
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 15:21   #5 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoZZa17
oooo000ooooo
ay if u guys r racing make an event of it. i am sure many e-series members will be there
Perhaps he could come to a drag day :s5

Any power or 1/4 mile numbers for the car?
Old 01-20-2004, 17:10   #6 (permalink)

No offence, but why spend $2k on the GT40 manifold, when for around $500US you can get one of the best flowing intakes available for the Windsor.

1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 18:53   #7 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
No offence, but why spend $2k on the GT40 manifold, when for around $500US you can get one of the best flowing intakes available for the Windsor.

Look....this is the way I bought the car with everything done to it. I have no idea why he went to this extreme but he has always been the same with every model he owns. He had a black EB years ago and spent a fortune on the engine in it also. I cannot give you all the answers...because personally I would have put on a good set of heads, cam and upper and lower inlets and wacked on a supercharger. I'm going to edit that post because i'm tired of trying to explain it.

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 19:30   #8 (permalink)
.au member

Re the video, is there a codec or something needed to see it? I cant get it to play. D'oh!

Btw, bout the badges - it's your car, if you want the badges there, go for it!
Old 01-20-2004, 20:31   #9 (permalink)

Video works fine on Win Media Player 9 for me. Looks and sounds like a great car.
Old 01-20-2004, 21:08   #10 (permalink)

you need the latest media player, otherwise u just get the sound.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons