Ford eb II ghia speakers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 02:31   #1 (permalink)

Ford eb II ghia speakers

Ok im planning to put some new speakers in my sisters ford eb fairmont ghia. It a 1993 series 2. I just wondering what size are the speakers on the front doors because i always assumed that they were 6 inch but i went over to JB the other day and the salesperson told me that only 4 inch can fit. When i looked at the 4 inch speaker, im thinking to myself they the speakers are bigger then 4 inch. Can you please help. Also im planning to replace the rear speakers as well. Should i go for the 6 x 9 inch or just the 6 - 6.5 inch. Thank you
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2009, 03:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford eb II ghia speakers

I heard mine were 4 inch, aa mate had 5 inch but mine were actually 6 inch.

Only way to tell, take off the trim to look. Seems as though some cars are different.

I have a ED falcon Futura
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:18   #3 (permalink)
EF falcon

Id say they would be 6 inch but have a look under the door pannel.

For the back depends what music she listens to and how much money you want to spend. 6inch speakers are better for less bass and if she was gonna have a sub but id go 6x9 if not, but a good quallity set. You will also need spacers to sit the 6x9s on other wise you have to cut in to the parcel shelf
bivo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 16:54   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivo7 View Post
Id say they would be 6 inch but have a look under the door pannel.

For the back depends what music she listens to and how much money you want to spend. 6inch speakers are better for less bass and if she was gonna have a sub but id go 6x9 if not, but a good quallity set. You will also need spacers to sit the 6x9s on other wise you have to cut in to the parcel shelf
You definately dont want to cut into the parcel shelf. Is a pain in the ass just redrilling holes let alone cutting out the 6x9 shape.
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:25   #5 (permalink)

hey sorry about not responding to the forum. I just been really flat out with uni and shit atm but im not going to bore you with my problems lol. Yeah i found out that the front speakers are 6 inches and the reason why the salesperson said they were 4 inch is because he was thinking of eb series I, which have a smaller speaker compared to the series II. But i evenly got the front speakers replace with some nice kenwood ones, still got the stocky speakers at the back due to the fact that the front speakers were literary were screwed to the max compared to the back and Iin addition, the car has now got LPG installed. In respond tobivo7 she listen to all like girly type of music (lame I know lol) and sometime a bit of rock plus dance. I was told by nearly everyone about the 6x9 speaker to not cut them and get spacers for them. I wanting to spend around the 100-120 mark. I saw a pair of kickers that i thought were very good and which I will hope to get within the next few weeks. Any other suggestion
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons