Ford Forums banner

Got some info on EA SVO Falcons

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  LTDHO 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Since there has been a lot of talk about what SVO EA Falcons actually were, I decided to consult my December 88 Wheels mag and get some info for you, here goes:

SVO Conversions were done by Mick Webb's SVO through Bib Stillwell dealers of Melbourne and cost between $8000 -10200 – we are talking 1988 :s6:

He only performed modifications to EA Fairmont Ghia and EA Falcon S Models. Improvements included Bilstein Gas Dampers, uprated front and rear springs (dropping ride height by 35 to 50 mms), thicker front and rear anti roll bars with beefier bushes and whole new wheel alignment specifications all for $1960 of the price.

Mated to this is $1760 worth of Mick Webb's own SVO alloy wheels preferably fitted with a further $1280 worth of Bridgestone tyres. The body treatment added another $2150 and included baked Glasurit two - tone paint, neat front and rear spoilers, various detail stuff like tail light lenses (wtf??) and SVO badging.

The interior, meanwhile, got a not-inconsequential $1990 spend on Recaro front seats and re-trimmed matching rears, with Ford specified trims of course. Other details were Momo wheel and leather shift knob

What? oh the engine. Well it's basically untouched, except for SVO's own maxi flow exhaust sysem , clever piece of equipment with extractors made by Genie to Webb’s own design, and a stainless steal mandril bent exhaust system which Webb said made a tremendous difference to the car’s breathing capabilities.

To better enhance it’s performance Webb also specified the optional 3.23 differential instead of the standard 2.77.

Hope that helps.

Sundeep

See less See more
#6 ·
lEAsh said:
I saw a SVO couple of days ago. The tail light are just basicley tinted with black strips throught it. No differnt to the EA just darker.

So let me get this straight - if I were to tint my own tail lights, then it's illegal, but if svo does it then it's all ok... wtf???

It's not like the svos were factory built, so why can they get away with having tinted tailights???

Dave

#7 ·
I think it's a light tint Thanatos, and then they've put these little lines through the indicators and reverse lights.

Sundeep

#8 ·
Rastus said:
Not forgetting that SVO did offer the Turbo version, which had the Falcon S manual running low 14's over the quarter.
Turbo was an AIT unit.
Thanks for the info matey. I presume there would be an article or two on that car, so I'll keep a look out.

#9 ·
sundeep said:
I think it's a light tint Thanatos, and then they've put these little lines through the indicators and reverse lights.

Sundeep

Even if it is a light tint, it's still a tint. A mate of mine got done for having tinted tail lights, and they were extremely light - you could hardly even tell (except for the slightly matt finish)!

I would love to tint my tail lights, but won't for fear of getting a canary, so I must admit that i'm slightly annoyed that svo's can have tinted tail lights and i can't...

Damn all these stupid laws. :-(

Dave

#11 ·
I have a really large good quality photo of a red svo ea, do u guys want me 2 scan it in and post it? It was the photo SVO sent to ROH for display after they made there wheels-a little boring tho.

#14 ·
This may sound silly BUT, concidering that Mick is always on FF, wouldn't be easier to ask him????

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but that's what I'd do. i've asked him alot about everythink about SVO. After all he is 'Mr SVO'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.