Help Needed...17 X 8 rimms on ED - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 02:31   #1 (permalink)

Question Help Needed...17 X 8 rimms on ED

Help Needed...17 X 8 rimms on ED XR6

Hi There,

I recently purchased a used set of CSA Gladiator 17 x 8 rims with 225/50/17 tyres. Rims PCD is 5 x 114.3......
specs are 8J x 17 H2.......the only other number is 27..... stamped on the inside of the rim..... is this the offset..??

The rims came off a Magna VRX 2000 model.

Question: what size spacers do I need to fit these...??..and do I need to fit 45 series tyres to make this work..??

Many thanks in Advance..!!

Last edited by XR6Guy; 07-13-2006 at 02:32. Reason: additional info
XR6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2006, 18:41   #2 (permalink)
NC Fairlane Wagon :-)

Re: Help Needed...17 X 8 rimms on ED

Not to sure if that is your offset...but go down to your friendly tyre shop and see if you can get some wheel catalogues (if memory serves me right ANZ Wheels lists PCD offset etc) foir both Falcon & Magna.....if you cant do this you can measure backspace and the size spacer you need grab a straight edge (at least 17" long, lay against back edge of wheel rim and with a wooden ruler measure the distance from the wheel stud holes to the straight edge. Do this to the CSA wheel and to one of your Falcon wheels subtract the difference and that is the size spacer you need.
I could be wrong but I think that the Magna and AU/BA wheels have the same offset.
Check the CSA catalogue as these wheels may be available in that size for your Falcon and you might be better off getting these as spacers are illegal in some states (Qld) and your insurance will void your policy.
Probably not the news you wanted to hear
NSM074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons