Hey all...EF question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 02:41   #1 (permalink)

Hey all...EF question

Hi, I'm new here..greetings all. Now I need to ask a question concerning an engine replacement. I have an EF thats now at 337700-ish Km...Due to some neglect from the previous owner, the engine is on the way out :(. I have a complete BA 6cyl on hand that could go in....the question is will it?

Looking cursorily at the block it looks near similar, so I'm guessing yes with probably a couple minor mods. Any idea's to make this as potentially painless and simple as possible? Thank you
neo-ef-flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 17:11   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Hey all...EF question

Physically they will probably fit ok but electronically may be a nother story. You will need to consider the the whole computer system on the BA is different and almost everything is tied electronically on the BA to the PCM. So a different transmission will upset it all as will most other things that will need to be tied in. If you are an Auto electrician or have a friend that is then it may be worth the hassle but otherwise if you want it to be a little easier then I would go with reconditioning your existing engine or finding an EF engine the same.

The BA will be a more powerful donk if you dont mind it turning into a project.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:43   #3 (permalink)

Re: Hey all...EF question

Right, thanks for the info. Unfortunately no auto electrician, I do most of my own repairs but can't go much further engine wise then replacing a head gasket. I have a close relative who is highly mechanically adept but not with modern electronic systems...I was hoping to balance that because I'm a electronics technician and have no trouble deciphering circuit diagrams or fixing both analogue and digital circuits. I figured the problem (if there was going to be one) would be electronics related....Could the existing EEC-V set up be reprogrammed for the engine at all?

I must say that overall the car was destined to become a project eventually...I got her for a great price, she's
in excellent condition asides from the auto box and engine (I knew about those and got her with the purpose of fixing her). I'm not too perturbed that my oil and filter change didn't do too much for the transmission, I was wanting to replace it with a manual box anyway.

As you've mentioned...yes I would like to be able to use the more powerful donk. Originally I was going to rebuild the original engine and eventually tickle it up a bit after improving the standard suspension. But now I really want the BA engine, likely doing the same with it....anyone have suggestions on that front? I don't mind if it takes a little effort to achieve...Sorry for the length of this message.
neo-ef-flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons