how much for door shut respray? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 21:36   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
xm250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 118
how much for door shut respray?

HI guys just want to see how much you think i should pay for a door shut respray on my ED? My mate whos a painter said he could do it for $1200 i thought that was a bit rich so i said how bout if i do all the prep and all you have to do is paint and he said it wouldnt change much in the price. What do you guys reckon?
__________________
94 ED FALCON, K&N POD FILTER, 2 1/2 CAT BACK EXHAUST, 17" BA XR8 STYLE RIMS, LOWERED BOUT 2" PEDDERS & MONROE, XPLOD MP3 DECK, XPLOD 6", JBL 6x9 AND TWIN 8"SUBS+ PREMIUM FACTORY TWEETERS,
64 XM FALCON UTE, MILD 250 XFLO (PROJECT)
xm250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-28-2005, 04:59   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
atec77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 917
Re: how much for door shut respray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm250
HI guys just want to see how much you think i should pay for a door shut respray on my ED? My mate whos a painter said he could do it for $1200 i thought that was a bit rich so i said how bout if i do all the prep and all you have to do is paint and he said it wouldnt change much in the price. What do you guys reckon?
litre of paint makes one coat at say $60.00 , less for primer and thinners is about <$15 a litre . you work it out if he is looking after you ...
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:06   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Danamy_8187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Queensland
Posts: 18
Re: how much for door shut respray?

yeah he is looking after you alright i've been quoted $5000 and over from several panel beaters. If he's any good count your blessings.
Danamy_8187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:57   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
xm250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 118
Re: how much for door shut respray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danamy_8187
yeah he is looking after you alright i've been quoted $5000 and over from several panel beaters. If he's any good count your blessings.
5 grand wow is that involving a lot of bodywork awsell? Yeah my mate is pretty damn good hes painted a couple of trophy winning cars, but the problem also is that he is als pretty lazy too!!! and i need to have my car done asap when i do get it done cos its my only car.
__________________
94 ED FALCON, K&N POD FILTER, 2 1/2 CAT BACK EXHAUST, 17" BA XR8 STYLE RIMS, LOWERED BOUT 2" PEDDERS & MONROE, XPLOD MP3 DECK, XPLOD 6", JBL 6x9 AND TWIN 8"SUBS+ PREMIUM FACTORY TWEETERS,
64 XM FALCON UTE, MILD 250 XFLO (PROJECT)
xm250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:14   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jas24zzk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wandin, Vic
Age: 41
Posts: 827
Re: how much for door shut respray?

$1200 is about the cost of the material.

Forget $60.00 per litre for colour....you ain't using motorspray obviously.
what about hardners, and reducers, sand papers, and primers (most primers require their own hardners and reducers.)
Even if the car is dry sanded using a dynabrade, the discs still run out at a small fortune.
Then there is oven hire... can be as much as $200 per hour, dependant on the way the shop costs it.
What about de-nibbing and cutters/polishes...

It all adds up.
EG. for ME to buy 4 litres of colour and clear (with hardner) is bout $550, without reducers....in glasurit.

$1200 is a great mates rate, don't piss in his pocket, smile when ya pay him :)

Plus factor in any repairs that are needed. (if bothering)

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:20   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
atec77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 917
Re: how much for door shut respray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
$1200 is about the cost of the material.

Forget $60.00 per litre for colour....you ain't using motorspray obviously.
what about hardners, and reducers, sand papers, and primers (most primers require their own hardners and reducers.)
Even if the car is dry sanded using a dynabrade, the discs still run out at a small fortune.
Then there is oven hire... can be as much as $200 per hour, dependant on the way the shop costs it.
What about de-nibbing and cutters/polishes...

It all adds up.
EG. for ME to buy 4 litres of colour and clear (with hardner) is bout $550, without reducers....in glasurit.

$1200 is a great mates rate, don't piss in his pocket, smile when ya pay him :)

Plus factor in any repairs that are needed. (if bothering)

Cheers
Jas
I guess you pay retail on your paint ?
last time I bought some white to paint the Jag it ran me $60.00 a litre at wholesale ,(not 2 pack) that repaint cost me $460 plus a few hours with some sandpaper and the helinite blaster so all up two days ..
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 05:32   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sydney
Posts: 889
Re: how much for door shut respray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
$1200 is about the cost of the material.

Forget $60.00 per litre for colour....you ain't using motorspray obviously.
what about hardners, and reducers, sand papers, and primers (most primers require their own hardners and reducers.)
Even if the car is dry sanded using a dynabrade, the discs still run out at a small fortune.
Then there is oven hire... can be as much as $200 per hour, dependant on the way the shop costs it.
What about de-nibbing and cutters/polishes...

It all adds up.
EG. for ME to buy 4 litres of colour and clear (with hardner) is bout $550, without reducers....in glasurit.

$1200 is a great mates rate, don't piss in his pocket, smile when ya pay him :)

Plus factor in any repairs that are needed. (if bothering)

Cheers
Jas
jas is right any other job will look like it cost, be honest with yourselfs
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 23:57   #8 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net
 
Ghia5L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Boolarra, doh! :-/
Age: 32
Posts: 1,972
Re: how much for door shut respray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
jas is right any other job will look like it cost, be honest with yourselfs
hmm... I might avoid the guy who is offering $800 doors-shut resprays who is advertising in the local paper then... (my paint is shagged)
__________________
www.boostedfalcon.net

'91 EB Fairmont Ghia V8.
Pacemaker PH4000 extractors
Meaty semi-twin system
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 23:59   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
RAVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,562
Re: how much for door shut respray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
hmm... I might avoid the guy who is offering $800 doors-shut resprays who is advertising in the local paper then... (my paint is shagged)
if you do all the prep your self $800 to apply paint and bake sounds good dosent it?
__________________
240rwkw slug.
RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:38   #10 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net
 
Ghia5L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Boolarra, doh! :-/
Age: 32
Posts: 1,972
Re: how much for door shut respray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN
if you do all the prep your self $800 to apply paint and bake sounds good dosent it?
Do the prep work myself? Nuh-uh, I don't think so! If prepping involves providing the painter with a straight, bare metal car (or in primer only), then I CBF. I'd rather pay someone to do the lot, becaue I wouldn't have the time, and I DON'T have the skill, to do all that.

*sigh* more $$$ to throw at the car lol
__________________
www.boostedfalcon.net

'91 EB Fairmont Ghia V8.
Pacemaker PH4000 extractors
Meaty semi-twin system
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:17.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.