I Got the KNG Dynoed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2005, 20:14   #1 (permalink)

I Got the KNG Dynoed

The other day i put my car on the dyno to see how much power would i be getting on the rear wheels with the current mods i have. The mods i have are listed in my signature below.

The car was hooked up on a Dyno Dynamics Dynameter, it got strapped up, tyre pressure inflated to 50 psi (which is apparently the new rules when dynoeing) put in 2nd gear and off we go. Obviously before doing the proper dyno runs it was warmed up and checked for anything that was missing. So in the end the results came in and werent that good, i was baffled when i got figure which was 130hp -97.9kw on the rear wheels!!. The graph shows i have some descent torque thru the midrange and power which doesnt plummit all of sudden in the top end. Power escalates nicely thru the rev range as well.

Leaving abit dissapointed and confused to where or what went wrong i dont know where my problem is. Ive been told my car could be running very rich which is why im suffering loss of power but i dont know what to do. Can anybody give advice on what i might need to do to improve this figure!!!
KNG-40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2005, 03:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: I Got the KNG Dynoed

My car is a ford fairmont
Inline 6,
5spd conversion,
extractors,
2.5 inch exhaust,
xr6 EF head,
$1000 port,polish,
billet cam gear..
cold air intake..

=134 rwkw or 180 rwhp..
could be a bit more with the cam
dialed in properly and tuned..
fordfreak ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 06:05   #3 (permalink)
what u lookin at

i wouldnt worry to much. Dyno figures arny always representative of what the car has in real life and goes like, though it sounds like it was a low reading dyno.
i seriously dont think they would change a factor like tyre pressures either "for a new standard"

Saying that, i would have thought your car would be more in the 104-108 range.
also all 4L falcons will run richer than factory with intake and exhaust mods, what ratio is urs at?

get out on the strip and post some times
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 06:47   #4 (permalink)

Well thats true what you might get on the dyno could be a complete different story once you run it on the strip. Still i would of thought easy i could get between 105-110kws cause the figure i pulled is something it would get stock.

My ratio as in compression ratio, well i dont know what it is but i do wanna see if i can get my results for air/fuel mixture maybe this could help me out. Why do they run rich when mods are done like this to them?
Old 04-11-2005, 05:18   #5 (permalink)
what u lookin at

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNG-40L
Well thats true what you might get on the dyno could be a complete different story once you run it on the strip. Still i would of thought easy i could get between 105-110kws cause the figure i pulled is something it would get stock.

My ratio as in compression ratio, well i dont know what it is but i do wanna see if i can get my results for air/fuel mixture maybe this could help me out.
sorry i did mean a/f ratio but forgot to write that in too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNG-40L
Why do they run rich when mods are done like this to them?
It is because they run a MAP sensor. unlike a lot of other engines that use a MAF sensor and can adjust more easily for the increased airflow and efficiency. there is more to it than that but thatss basically why.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:15   #6 (permalink)

Ah i see what you mean. Speaking of airflow im thinking of changing my air intake and putting the EL air intake cause i believe the EF's air intake is more restrictive then the EL's. Anyways see how things go.......
Old 04-12-2005, 04:30   #7 (permalink)
what u lookin at

ef's actually have the better intake, the airbox flows more and JMM tested the EF tb to airbox pipe and is supposed to be good for midrange power...
Old 04-12-2005, 05:30   #8 (permalink)

Really well thats something to experiment with then. So motor wise between the EF/EL was the air intake isnt it? if so why did they change that particular part then?

Well im getting some pretty descent midrange power so i cant complain too much with that!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:32   #9 (permalink)
what u lookin at

i dunno why they changed them few particular parts, prob looks i assume or cheaper cost to make.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:27   #10 (permalink)

Ok well fair enough then. Thanks for your help anyways Needturbo6, ill probably experiment between the EF/EL air intake and see what happens from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons