Improving the rear end of my EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2003, 01:34   #1 (permalink)
2.77 is a tall ratio :S

Improving the rear end of my EA

Hey noticed a few of you dudes have exhaust tips on your cars. The rear end of my car is looking a bit haggard atm with the silver bumber strip turning black and the exhaust jutting out with a very dull 2 inch fakie metal pipe on an angle, (suposed to be a tip I guess).

I was just wondering how you guys attached your exhaust tips? I went out to the car for a bit of a look and I found that I woulld have to cut the exhaust pipe to make the tip fit on and look anygood (so the pipe dosnt stick through the actual tip). I was just wondering how you guys did this as I rather like this tip that I found on Jacks site:
http://www.eafalcon.com/ownersclub/p...2/DCP_0816.jpg

For me to achieve this I would have to cut all the way into the in dull 2 inch fakie metal pipe and then into a slightly smaller one that stays straight for around 2cm and then snakes into the muffler.

My concern is what hold these exhausts tips in place? From memory they just sit flush with the orginal and also would it be hard to find an exhaust tip for the slightly smaller exhaust pipe that connects to the 2 inch fakie one because it is slightly smaller and is not a regular size?

Also how do I purchase the new silver strip for the rear I've hear its around $5 from ford.

Hope you guys understand this thanks :)
smut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2003, 02:05   #2 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Re: Improving the rear end of my EA

My suggestion would be to remove whatever is over the original exhaust pipe because you probably wont find a tip that will fit over both the original pipe and whatever is already on top snuggly. Most of the tips I've come across fit over your existing exhaust pipe pretty snuggly and wont come off without extreme force.

If you want to attach it more securely you could weld it on or do what alot of my mates do and drill a hole through the tip and exhaust pipe and pop-rivet it.

As for the silver strip it's sold by the metre at Ford for around $4 per metre and comes in chrome, grey and red, all it is is an adhesive strip that sits in the bumper bar.
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 02:22   #3 (permalink)

There isn't an actual tip on there allready it just flanges out from the smaller pipe to make the end look bigger but it is the same pipe.
Old 11-04-2003, 14:49   #4 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

Get a stainless steel tip.. Last much longer without rusting and looking shitty...

Dan..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:08   #5 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

i got a new tip which just bolts on today ill post pics really soon!

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 00:56   #6 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

im just gonna buy a tip form autobahn and weld it on!

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:25   #7 (permalink)

My mates went to a wrecker and picked me up a 2 inch round exhaust tip. I need to work on securing it as the first pop rivet attempt was not a success.

Anyway I am going to fix up this hopefully tommorow and I really want to know how you replace the side strip????!!!

Do you just peel of the old one and purchase a new one from ford and apply it like contact? I am going to by 2 meters for the back tommorow and it would be madschool if I could get the sides done aswell. How much does it cost if anybody has done this?
Old 11-30-2003, 01:52   #8 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

the sides are one peice karl (NZ) gave me some for my car which im gonna colour code and stick on my car eventually but i thought i could remove the strip and put a new one on but im gonna end up painting it red as it is one peice and canot be removed from the grey strips

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 02:34   #9 (permalink)

I know that you cannot remove it like the front and back but can you but can you strip it of an reapply it like contact?
Old 11-30-2003, 03:08   #10 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

To do the sides you have to replace the whole grey plastic mould stuck to the side of the doors which is quite costly to buy new from Ford ($170 for one side I think it is??? someone correct me if I'm wrong). My suggestion would be to find a sticker maker or try autobarn and get some chrome sticker/pinstriping and putting it over the part where the chrome strip is on the side moulds
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons