Ford Forums banner

Interior Fan Stays On?? Help!!!!!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Brent-EA Ghia 
#1 ·
I Have An Ebii V8 Farimont Ghia. My Interior Fan Stays On Without The Key, Which Flattens The Battery Real Quick. Anybody Have Any Idea Where The Fuse Or Relay Is For This, Have Tried All I Can????

#2 ·
Hey twarfe,

My car did this a while back, I disconnected the battery as i couldnt find a seperate relay/fuse for the fan. What it will most likely be is the transistor in the fans 'speed control unit'. This unit is mounted in/on the airbox, you get to it by removing the glove box and the lower section of the dash which the glove box hinges from. You can disconnect the power feed from there also (large black and yellow wires plugged into speed cont. unit which is a metal cased box about 10*6cm and is mounted at an angle). The units held in by three screws.
I did get mine repaired though it took a while to source the transistor, which came from england and cost around $75 on its own, so i suggest sourcing one from another car at a wreckers (must be climate cont. aircon).

cheers Brent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.