I've reset service spanner light, but it comes back after power-off - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 23:20   #1 (permalink)
ben

I've reset service spanner light, but it comes back after power-off

Strange one.

My tripmeter defaults to 563.3kms, i can reset it, but after turning the car off, it goes back to that.

Also, i reset the service spanner light by holding down the button when i turn ignition on but once again as soon as i turn the car off, i turn it back on and its there again, alongside the 563.3kms reading.

Any ideas ?. Is this a faulty cluster or could it be a software/power issue ?

Thanks

Ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2007, 06:39   #2 (permalink)
fordmech

Re: I've reset service spanner light, but it comes back after power-off

Hi Ben
I've come across this problem once with an ex-police chaser EL XR8. The odometer reading on the display will change when you were driving but as soon as you turned the car off it would reset to the same number again. I'm guessing you had the service spanner on when the fault happened and that's why it comes back too. It turned out to be the instrument cluster but the guys from VDO didn't want to tell me how to fix it so they just sent a new one instead as the car was still under warranty
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 23:25   #3 (permalink)
xr6pod

Thank you so much. I was just reading your thread and I ran out to my car to finally get rid of that bloody service spanner. I've owned the car for 2 years and that spanner has finally gone!!!
xr6pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:50   #4 (permalink)

ive got the spanner light problem but jsut for the sake of it cans omeone tell me how to get rid of it? ive got a 95 fairmont ghia built before october ive taken it to the ford dealership had heaps of work done and i dnt knw wat is wrong with it? any ideas on how i can get rid of it? thanks and sorry if this has already been answered
95fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:51   #5 (permalink)
xr6pod

Hey mate, I really wish I could help u. I read your thread the other day and went out to my car then turned accessories on and held the odometer button in for about 30 seconds and I heard a beep. The spanner light went away and hasn't come back since. My car is a 94 EF XR6, so I don't know whether it's any different. I assume it would be the same. Probably haven't helped much but good luck.
xr6pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:57   #6 (permalink)
fordmech

The spanner is a service reminder and it's meant to be reset whenever the service is done. It doesn't mean there's something wrong with your car, it will come up, in your case, every 10 000 km, which was the service interval back then. To reset it turn the ignition to 'on' and press the button in the cluster until you hear a beep, the spanner light should turn off until next service. cheers
marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:07   #7 (permalink)

For the life of me i dont know why i didint check this forum sooner.. mines been on since i bought the bloody thing.. i do all the servicing my self. my ute has been a pain since i bought it..
thanks for the post!!
96Xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons