looking to modify my ED - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2005, 19:47   #1 (permalink)

looking to modify my ED

ok just wanting to know some rough prices on the following mods..if anyone has had any of this done can u post the price you got it for

-full leather retrim
-lowered
-17" BA XR Copies
-Full bare metal respray in Envi Green, Phantom Purple or the new Toyota Blue colour
-Boot Install

Thats bout it at the moment

Can i get some rough prices...im looking to start all of this after Christmas

Cheers

SOON TO COME
LOWERED - KING SPRING SUPER LOWS
CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2005, 20:52   #2 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Re: looking to modify my ED

Lowering - check Ebay for springs! New from Autobarn/equivalent places should set you back around $300+, but on Ebay you can get them for as little as $100. Make sure you get some (new) shocks that match your new springs.

17" BA XR copies - where are you based? I've heard that The Tyre Factory in Dandenong (if you're Melbourne based) sells a lot of types of copies, so you might get lucky there. Price? I dunno, but getting the rims shod in rubber is pretty cheap these days.

Full bare metal respray - $$$ = at least four figures.

Full leather trim - reupholstering would set you back a couple of thousand. Full leather seats (front & back, to suit EA-ED Fords) could be sourced from Ebay for several hundred dollars. Most likely from an LTD or Ghia.

Yep, cars aren't cheap! Let us know what you end up doing mate I'm going to get mine resprayed sometime, as the roof & bonnet are crap, but I'm sticking with black so it'll be a "doors closed" respray. This will probably set me back $500-$800 depending on where I go. Something I gotta look into.

My springs (superlows) cost me $150, I bought them off a fellow forum (.au) member & fitted them with a mate. I used my standard shocks & they're stuffed now lol

-Dave-
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 21:23   #3 (permalink)

15 to 20 grand if done properly
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 21:52   #4 (permalink)

well its going to be alot cheaper than 15 to 20 grand
father has mates in all areas of car modification as he works in the business so i will be getting all materials at cost price and cheaper labour

been told can get my car repsrayed for around 1500 (decided on phantom purple) if i supply the paint
sourcing out some fairmont interior to get retrimmed in grey leather with purple edges- around the $2000 mark
springs and shocks - free
BA XR copies - around $1500 with tyres im told
Boot install will be looking at a budget around $5000...everything at cost price!!

SOON TO COME
CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL
Old 10-29-2005, 22:29   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barthez
ok just wanting to know some rough prices on the following mods..if anyone has had any of this done can u post the price you got it for

-full leather retrim
-lowered
-17" BA XR Copies
-Full bare metal respray in Envi Green, Phantom Purple or the new Toyota Blue colour
-Boot Install

Thats bout it at the moment

Can i get some rough prices...im looking to start all of this after Christmas

Cheers
I just copped a $2400 bill for doing the upholstry in my 1968 Jag , through a mate ( was worth at least 4k)
Lowering , parts worth $500 to 1k plus labour dependant on if you do work and how good a suspension / shocks package
as for the respray severl k at least unless you do a lot of prep your self as dependant on paint type can be the main factor as you do pay for prep
Hurts dont it ?
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 23:28   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
father has mates in all areas of car modification as he works in the business so i will be getting all materials at cost price and cheaper labour

been told can get my car repsrayed for around 1500 (decided on phantom purple) if i supply the paint
sourcing out some fairmont interior to get retrimmed in grey leather with purple edges- around the $2000 mark
Boot install will be looking at a budget around $5000...everything at cost price!!
how much do you think paint costs. let alone sandpaper, sanding disc etc. your in alot of luck if your body is straight with no rust 1500 to put paint on thats fine but what does that mean. just to paint the car. dont get me wrong the person painting is a high skill task. but the real qaulity of the job comes down to who panelbeated and repaired it/prepared it. in most good panelshops the painter is known as the wingy bitch as he wont paint a bodgy repaired car/panel as its his fault for doing so.
just as a guide i am doing a full resto and i have spent close to 1 thousand on sandpaper,stripper and preparing items so far and am only half way there and i buy wholesale. it comes down to the sort of job you want or will be happy with.
i am not trying to offend you but the hidden costs show up all along the way when you do a car. even with the best of freinds
Old 10-29-2005, 23:31   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

also ring tempe tyres and go on there waiting list for a trade in set of ba xr wheels fitted with new tyres for alot cheaper than that. i got a set for my ba about 4 months ago for alot less than that
Old 10-30-2005, 00:11   #8 (permalink)

yeh but i will be fitting them to an ED so they arent suited to my car...i would have to get hub adaptors whichi dont want to do.

if i was going to get genuines id just get dad to grab me a set...he works at ford dealership!!

SOON TO COME
CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL
Old 10-30-2005, 00:17   #9 (permalink)

at the moment im just lookn at ideas...its just going to be a project once i finish yr 12 exams....it will b an ongoing process im sure will last a few years!!

i know there will be hidden costs...there always is....the spray will be the last thing that happens....

im hoping to keep it all under 10k if possible....i said hoping!!

SOON TO COME
CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL
Old 10-30-2005, 21:48   #10 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
15 to 20 grand if done properly
jeez! You'd want it done properly for that cost!

As for the boot install... I spose you could spend anything on that.
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons