Ford Forums banner

Mocked for havin a EA!!!!

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  EaRyder 
#1 ·
Today has been a very awful day today i was mocked at Tafe for loving EA-ED falcons.My mates kept telling me how much of a slug EA'S are.So i had enoug,h I challenged my mate for a quick drag at the lights and yes i bet him, i said never underestimate a EA falcon.I guess they are all holden lovers so they dont know any better, shame.I am a proud owner of my EA i love her to death and shes been really loyal to me, you guys should all be proud to drive a E SERIES falcon.Thought id share something personal Cheers safe driving guys.

#2 ·
Good stuff mate, alot of people underestimate the potential of the old e series.

My dad bought a holden adventra with the gen 3 v8, he thought his 245kw car would cream mine but to his absolut amazement i blew him away off the line and there was know way he could catch me. bawaahahahahahaha:hy:

#4 ·
Earyder what sort and make of car did you run.? And what was the look on the guys face when you nailed him...? :hy:

#5 ·
Ok,
so ea's have a bad rep, but they were the baby that grew into a man (EA-EL)
but they were a bloody good car!
The VN crappodores weren't any better than the EA (actually probably weren't as they were prone to crank breakages)

I love my EB, it has been a good reliable car since the day i got it (4 months old, and 33,000 on the clock), 100,000 taxi drivers cannot be wrong!..its their life.

Enjoy your EA mate, and laugh at your holden counterparts as they replace things like Crank Angle sensors (part is cheaper than the labour to do it....even better if the harmonic grabs it and tears the wiring out too hehehe)

Cheers
JAs

#8 ·
nhanst said:
Earyder what sort and make of car did you run.? And what was the look on the guys face when you nailed him...? :hy:
My mate Andrew the guy I dragged has a VT commodore spac with a 2,1\2 inch exhaust.He was shocked and he shook my hand and said sorry afterwards.

#11 ·
I had an EA put it on gas, it was a manual with 3.9 motor with exhaust and extractors was very well on the open highway going at fast speeds. Til the motor blew up hehe the 4.0lt motor got put in with manual and went pretty good for my first car that would handle a trashing :driver: ! now driving an eb manual with exhaust n extractors does a better job! :hy:

#12 ·
HI
i also had a mate give me shit for owning a ea spac
he said to me that that old taxi wont beat anything.
ha! he owned a 89 telstar turbo with all the ricer options.
i pulled up next to him at the lights and he laughed while reving his
engine to make the blow off valve release.
to his shock the old ea pulled about 3 car lengths over about 1/4 mile.

now he keeps asking me if i want to swap.

it goes to show that just because they were used as taxis and got a bad reputation for being shit(not sure why????) it doesnt mean that there slow.

so every time i see him now i just laugh at him noing that my car will blow him away every time.....

#13 ·
RAVEN said:
Good stuff mate, alot of people underestimate the potential of the old e series.

My dad bought a holden adventra with the gen 3 v8, he thought his 245kw car would cream mine but to his absolut amazement i blew him away off the line and there was know way he could catch me. bawaahahahahahaha:hy:
That's a BIG call! Did he leave it in N?

#15 ·
RAVEN said:
the adventra weighs 1900kg on the rego sticker and 245fwkw , compared to my 1450kg on the rego sticker and between 190-200 fwkw and im manual and the adventra auto.i would think the adventra would do 0-100 in about 8.5-9 seconds.
I was aware of the weight differences, but I didn't realise your wagon has 200kw! Hooooooooly damn that thing would get up & go!

1450kg seems a little light for a wagon however...

#16 ·
Ghia5L said:
I didn't realise your wagon has 200kw! Hooooooooly damn that thing would get up & go!
Its good for 15 sec pass, but its not that quick, its got EA T5 in it so i cant get traction in first gear so that lets her down a bit. Ive also got a ELFIN clubman that me and my DAD built that weighs 750kg 0-100kmh in 4 seconds 12 sec qtr out of the box all with a 130kw twin cam 4 cylinder N/A motor, whata pissa hey!we also have another motor that we can swap into it, Its supercharger version of the same kinda motor(the N/A motor has 5 valves per cylinder, where the supercharged version has only 4 valves)which puts out 160kw.

Ghia5L said:
1450kg seems a little light for a wagon however...
Thats what my rego sticker says.

#17 ·
heya,

never worry about what other people say.. my mate owns an ea with big exhaust, extracters and a cam. He gives me a lift home after tafe and the thing goes allright (manual). Infact one of the reason i bought my ef is because i think they are very comfy to drive.. plus i like the extra room it has over smaller cars.

#18 ·
Something i have always said...
being a converted holden man...holdens, easy to work on, fords, great to drive.
I made that statment, when i was an apprentice...a VK commodore or CF falcon was new.

I have since changed my tune....Commodore=pig for the driver and mechanic!!!

Once spent 14 hours at the wheel of a ZJ fairlane. Tamworth melbourne, stopping only for lpg....stepped out of it fresh as a button.

Falcoooooons are comfortable...and for a daily driver...thats a farking great start in my opinion.

Cheers
Jas

#19 ·
Yes, I went for a couple of decent cruises in an XF Ghia yesterday after AFD. Those things are great to sit back in & relax! Not the quickest car off the blocks but very torquey.

I'd forgotten how easygoing XD/ZJ-XF-ZLs are to cruise around in... *sigh*

#21 ·
lol!

#22 ·
if your ride is in your sig
then you'd wanna hope you blew your mate off
its def not a stock ea is it ;)
nice job ea 1 your mate 0 :lol:

#24 ·
im goona get head work done on it new cam,and valve springs etc, hopefully she will go alot faster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.