muffler missing??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 05:36   #1 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

muffler missing???

i own a falcon eb series 2 1992 station wagon ok and i went to put it in for a major service just after i bought it and booked it in at midas and they came back witha million faults in my car but the one that shocked was i was missing my rear muffler. now does this make any difference to my car at all? all i could come up with was its louder.
cheekybabe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 19:49   #2 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Re: muffler missing???

Well, give us a shot of your rear (the car that is). I don't see how "missing" a muffler can be a fault, unless like two feet of exhaust has somehow gone missing (inc the muffler)...

Sounds like they might be wanting to screw some $$$ out of you. Would u mind listing all the "faults" found in this thread? Might be able to sort the bullshit from the actual faults.

-Dave-
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 19:53   #3 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

Some people remove the rear muffler because the prefer the note at idle. It has no effect on power or efficiancy.
The two down sides is that a) it will drone when driving b) it may be louder than legally allowed.

If you need it replaced for registration, then you will have too. Otherwise if you are happy with drone, leave it.
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 00:45   #4 (permalink)
Seriously Disturbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
If you need it replaced for registration, then you will have too. Otherwise if you are happy with drone, leave it.
If you need to replace it... go the full exhaust hehe... ive been quoted $760 for XForce extractors + 2 1/2 inch mandrel cat back. go for it :)
Disturbed_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:14   #5 (permalink)

my 2/half sports zorst was full system without the rear muff box
not only was it legal but kept it "just" under the limit
but yes DRONE is a problem if you dont like it dronein

midas are really strict *could be a good or bad thing* but it isnt exactly illegal
and i have found midas to be a abit of a rort when it comes to SEQ shops
overpriced and replacing parts that dont need to be etc
go to RACQ maybe?
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:38   #6 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

well some of the faults were like 1 buld need replacing, transmission service, power steering service, my rear shocks and i didnt have gylocol in my radiator fluid. i knew they were trying to bull shit me but i did need to replace the light bulb and rear shocks. they came back with a million faults but u could see they were trying to pul the wool over me eyes. didnt work i know a tiny bit about cars.i have had a few guys ask if my car was a v8 i told them no but they said when i started my car up it did, i had to prove she wasnt a v8.my mum was the first to notice it sonded louder but she liked it lol! i wa just wondering if it really made any difference to the car at all cause they tried to make a big fuss about it. so can u get in trouble for the exhaust being too loud? didnt know about that. my whole exhaust system is there just not the rear muffler. i have checked personally well my mum made me check any way as she was concerned. thank u guys just had to ask. i will be getting pics of her up here but i just need to remember to get them developed lol.i will tell u exactly what midas and pedders said to me!
Old 06-03-2005, 05:50   #7 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

ok got them= MIDAS said
brake flush= i understand this needs to be done every now again
power steering service= same
radiator flush= same
fuel injectors cleaned= same but apparently they just got done before i bought her.
fuel treatment= yeah its good to use it for ur car
transmission service= same need it every now again
light bulb= done
master cylinder possible leak= nothing to be concerned about, as its good now
rear shocks= had to be done real bad sagging badly
bushes to be replaced ALL= ??? maybe for perfomance
rear brake pads= done needed to be done
new motors for the window washer= they were going to charge 150.00 for them to do it, i did it my self and only cost me 50.00 if not less!
Old 06-03-2005, 05:57   #8 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

PEDDERS said
bushes worn= ok they do
ball joint= i got that done by beaurepairs and it was bad but fixed now
power steering service= needs to be done every now and again
wheel bearings= they said i shouldnt be driving the car its really dangerous and i ahould get it done now to be safe if i cant get it done now to leave the car there but i took it to bridge stone and the guys there are straight and honest they explained it all to me and the wheel bearings werent bad at all, just needed to be regreased.
and my rear shocks but they were pretty bad!

so as u can see they try to make things seem real bad!
as for the comments about being really bad i have the work sheet were they wrote it down.
Old 06-04-2005, 22:37   #9 (permalink)
Seriously Disturbed

yeah you gotta watch those service joints, either find yourself a good local mechanic... (mine i can trust 100%, as he's not a large company, and he knows if he shits me around, he'll lose my business). alternative is to learn to do a lot of it yourself, my old car sometimes gave me a bit of grief, but i minimised that by doing a lot of the labour myself... saves a lot of money. so have most of these 'problems' been fixed now?
Disturbed_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 23:31   #10 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

yeah i got it all done but not by midas or peddlers. i thought i should do it so in the future i known when it got done and that sort of stuff. i dont have enough confidence in my self to some of those things like for example renewing the the brake pads yeah ok easy but what happens if u stuff up its endangering your life and others and thats what freaks me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons