no air con - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2005, 14:14   #1 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Question no air con

i have no air con all i have is just normal air blowing around. my car is an eb falcon and i have been using my air con and its been ok but i went to put it on and it was just air. what could be the problem and how would check to see if that is the problem? thanks
cheekybabe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2005, 14:27   #2 (permalink)
peterd_au

Re: no air con

have you had the motor or transmission out
peterd_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:10   #3 (permalink)

1. check fuse.
2. look inside the engine bay to ensure the dog clutch is engaging
3. on two and another possible issue...you may need a regass

Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 19:41   #4 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd_au
have you had the motor or transmission out
the engine got replaced years ago but not recently
Old 11-14-2005, 19:43   #5 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
1. check fuse.
2. look inside the engine bay to ensure the dog clutch is engaging
3. on two and another possible issue...you may need a regass

Jas
i have checked the fuse its good as. i dont know what you mean by dog clutch?
how would i know if it needs to be regassed?
Old 11-14-2005, 20:34   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekybabe85
i have checked the fuse its good as. i dont know what you mean by dog clutch?
how would i know if it needs to be regassed?
on the front of the compressor there is a a part that does not spin when the motor is running

when u turn on the aircon swich it should click and whole front of the compressor should be spinning

also on the TX valve ( which is where the pipes go through the firewall into the car ) there is a pressure swich, if u take the 2 wires off the swich and bridge them with a wire it should start the compressor... if this works u need to re-gass the system if the air does not chill..

also at the front of the car near the bonnet release there is a round cylender which has a small glass see through bit if there is white gas flowing past when the aircon is running there u have gas in the system

good luck

i have the problem that the wire going to the compressor the connector is loose and sometimes does not contact so maby check it too
Old 11-14-2005, 20:42   #7 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91ebfalcon
on the front of the compressor there is a a part that does not spin when the motor is running

when u turn on the aircon swich it should click and whole front of the compressor should be spinning

also on the TX valve ( which is where the pipes go through the firewall into the car ) there is a pressure swich, if u take the 2 wires off the swich and bridge them with a wire it should start the compressor... if this works u need to re-gass the system if the air does not chill..

also at the front of the car near the bonnet release there is a round cylender which has a small glass see through bit if there is white gas flowing past when the aircon is running there u have gas in the system

good luck

i have the problem that the wire going to the compressor the connector is loose and sometimes does not contact so maby check it too
thanks my compressor doesnt switch on. but i will check the others out thank you so much
Old 11-15-2005, 01:10   #8 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

i had a look near the compressor and there is an electrical connector loose but i wouldnt have a clue what it is or where it goes. its covered in the electrical tape and has a plastic connector around it but it is meant to be connected to something and you can see it has been connected to whatever it was for a long time if you's can understand what i am saying.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:52   #9 (permalink)

Ok,
there is a wire supposed to be connected to this...it won't be far away....ford don't allow exhorbitant lengths on thier wiring.

Find it and plug it in......should work again

the fact it is covered in electrical tape suggest someone has knackered it some how.
When you find the loose wire, once plugged and tested, retape both together properly so they don't come apart again.
If you are unsure of the wires correct colour, you are welcome to call me during business hours, and i can look up the correct colour for you...FREE!!!!!
my number is (03) 59 619 139

Cheers
JAs
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 15:00   #10 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
Ok,
there is a wire supposed to be connected to this...it won't be far away....ford don't allow exhorbitant lengths on thier wiring.

Find it and plug it in......should work again

the fact it is covered in electrical tape suggest someone has knackered it some how.
When you find the loose wire, once plugged and tested, retape both together properly so they don't come apart again.
If you are unsure of the wires correct colour, you are welcome to call me during business hours, and i can look up the correct colour for you...FREE!!!!!
my number is (03) 59 619 139

Cheers
JAs
thanks but i just took it into my auto electrician and he said i needed regassing and that the chord i found is just a spare but im concerned about it as i dont remeber it being loose before. anyway he thinkis i might have a leak but he is unsure and he has put dye and regassed it for me and he says i have to wait to see how that goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons