Poll: eafalcon.com redesign - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which layout should we adopt?
Keep existing layout, with updated logo and graphics 5 21.74%
Keep existing layout, along with existing graphics but updated logo 3 13.04%
Axeman82's suggestion with graphics and colour scheme similar to what we have now 15 65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 06:41   #1 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

Poll: eafalcon.com redesign

The site update will be commencing shortly, and we need to know which layout is preferred.

1st option is to keep the current layout, but with updated graphics, logos, etc.

2nd option it to keep the current layout and current graphics, just logo and contents change.

3rd option is to adopt the layout and structure of the site that Axeman82 suggested, however with a similar colour and graphic scheme to what we have now. The page is located here

Polling closes in 10 days. Post any other suggestions here.

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2003, 16:19   #2 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

I voted for axeman's layout as it is somewhat refreshing and modern. The old layout is just that, old. No offence to anyone as it is still a great site, but as the club moves forward, so should the website as it will be a widely viewed tool in times to come.
By the way has anyone thought about the E-Series website hosting its own forums like fordmods.com?
this would overcome these merger problems as of late
and will E-Series.com stickers be available?

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 02:14   #3 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

Alex..

My design was done with Dreamweaver and uses layers (div tags) and tables to position elements within the page. But you can tell that by looking at the source. I used style sheets for all the formatting of the text which allows for quick changes of colour schemes etc. I am not going to vote for either design as I don't really care which one is used i was just helping the thought process along...

Six_in_a_row..

Hosting a forum is not hard - it's just a simple matter of setting up a script that is basically a front end for a database (usually of mySQL and PHP for the cheap linux hosting or a microsoft, sun, oracle for the large ASP based sites). Scripts like UBB or several others are freely available if you know where to look and just take time to set them up. The biggest problem is the load on the server and the amount of data that is flowed from a large forum - imagine several thousand reloads per day at around 15K+ per reload (a minimally realistic figure for eafalcon.com) and then add that up for the month... About a gig of transfer - not too bad i suppose.. but the pages could be up to 30k+ once avatars are added in, etc.. Having FF host the forum was a great idea to make things easier for Jack and Alex..

Dan..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 03:24   #4 (permalink)
F*#K the government

Axemans page looks good but needs some things from the original. Excellent work.
Old 01-24-2003, 17:23   #5 (permalink)

Axeman your page is great but I prefer the old layout, well the front page anyway. The only problem once you get past there with the original and with axemans page is that the layout looks like most other pages on the net! With the typical menus on the top and left and info in a window next to and under it on the right! Its been done. Maybe keep the main page layout from the original and maybe use axemans layout as the internal pages, match up the color schemes, maybe throw in some new graphics and icons.
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 17:56   #6 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

That's the plan Phoenix! The splash page will have the same layout but with updated graphics, and the internal pages will most likely be axemans layout going by the votes.

Alex
Old 01-25-2003, 23:19   #7 (permalink)
FORD its a way of Life

Yeah I say Axeman's looks good n simple to use too
Old 01-28-2003, 20:26   #8 (permalink)

Have a look at some of the stuff I do. I'm a multimedia designer by profession. I've just started a site for Eilte (Commodores), and is located here: http://www.whoisdavidsteel.com/clien...ash_page_2.htm

If you'd like me to design something, let me know - info@whoisdavidsteel.com
skidaveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 23:47   #9 (permalink)

Sorry Axeman all i can say is i dont like.

skidaveski's commodore sight looks great by the way!

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
EB2Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 00:43   #10 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

Damn I can't compete with that

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons