powerchip gold? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 04:27   #1 (permalink)

powerchip gold?

looking into this chip would it fit one a EB ? I've been told the engine needs to be 4ltr Intech 6 cylinder is this what an eb is ? how much would it cost to install and what kinda increase are we talkin ?
EB - Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2003, 06:10   #2 (permalink)

do some searching in the forum for powerchip and i think ull get the answers you require
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 15:12   #3 (permalink)

i thought the intech engine went into the AUs??
ef-ficiency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 18:59   #4 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

I hear they make your car go even faster when you add sauce...has to be tomato though...BBQ is no good!

Sorry 4 takin the piss...there are heaps of threads around...do a search...FYI a guy in tickford club dynoed before and after with a POWERchip (i use the word power loosely!!) and the car made MORE power WITHOUT the chip.....if you want a chip get one that can be programmed in real time on the dyno....see either chip torque or unichip....or any of the top end market ecu's (motec, wolf etc) but these cost more $$$$$
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 20:28   #5 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

is your engine worked? i personally wouldent bother getting a chip unless your engine has had alot of mods, ei headwork, cam, etc. so basically ive heard its a waste of money.

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 21:12   #6 (permalink)

I looked into the power chip about a year ago and each maker can tell you what will fit were. With powerchip they claim that they will program the chip with the information you give them about you car (if it's stock or you made mod's).

Personal I gave up this line of power has it seems some people say it has improved the work and others say its a waste of time and it's a lot of money just to see who was right.

I'm currently looking at a Real Time logger for the EEC IV so I can see what the car is doing (Oxygen levels, temp volt's, MAF etc etc) to mod the computer myself (or with the help of someone that knows what they are doing). But this alone can end up setting you back upto $1500. But a lot of guys from the US have had success with them on the 5 ltr. (This in mind I don't know if they work with the 4 ltr)
Old 02-25-2003, 21:14   #7 (permalink)

I would save my money or spend it on exhaust and cam. I WASTED my cash on one when i first got the car and they are absoloutly shithouse, the car lost 4rwkw!! I had it Dynoed before and After and when i tried to get my money back they said i had to get a "porche club" dyno before! Not only that but the car NEVER idled correctly untill I removed it! The idle would just surge between 100 rpm and 2000 rpm for no apparent reason. When i asked them about this they crapped on about how the ECU has to Re learn its settings and put up with it for 100ks or A week or 2. Well I waited almost 3 months putting up with it stalling and ideling like crap before i cracked the shits and pulled it out! Id sell it but I dont believe in selling CRAP and RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!

PHoeNiX_
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons