Project Ea Fairmont - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2003, 02:35   #1 (permalink)

Project Ea Fairmont

It was sugested to me by jack that i make a post about this.... for the past 2 years i have been spending all my money and time (apart from drinkin time and money) on my ea fairmont. so far its a decent car but i just felt i had to do something different.

So what i decided to do was purchase a supercharger off a toyota v6 (not sure what car or engine) but i had seen that castlemain rod shop have a kit to fit these superchargers onto a commodore v6. Since then i had spent a few weeks talking to people about making the custom brackets etc. And the job is almost done now so follow the link below and check out the pictures and keep checking for new mods almost weekly

http://members.cardomain.com/eafairmont
EF Fairmont 4lt Auto - Wade 1004@112 Cam, Chiptorque Custom Chip, Lukey Stainless Extractors, Lukey 2.5" Exhaust, K&N Filter, AU3 XR8 Snorkle, Shiftkit, King Ultra Low Suspension, 18" Advantek Rims, DBA Gold Rotors, EBC Greenstuff Pads, Tickford Bodykit, Cornering Lamps, Kenwood H/U, 4x Response Splits, 2 x 12" Kicker Comp VR Subs, 2 x Response Amps, Roof Mount LCD, DVD Player.
[TUFEA-6] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2003, 03:19   #2 (permalink)
No longer around

Re: Project Ea Fairmont

ey dude awesome stuff, the blower looks pretty good in there
cant wait to see how it goes with it
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:37   #3 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

jeez thats one awesome car man! i love it... the acl rebuild... what does it involve??? did it make a difference in power and if ya dnt mind what kind of dosh would i be lookin at? cheers dude, that is one awesome E-Series!!! cheers, shan

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 04:26   #4 (permalink)

I don't want to burst your bubble too much but on a 1.4:1 drive ratio that blower will struggle to make more than 4psi. My friend had one on a 202 motor. He now has two of them and is putting them both on a 265. I know for a fact that two of these blowers on a worked 350 at the 1.4:1 drive ratio makes 10 psi.

Also spinning these things faster severely heats the air. I think their max speed is 12,000rpm which means 2:1 is max for you.
not ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:12   #5 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

nice work TUFF EA6 - that blower install looks very neat, and even if it does only make 4 psi that should still be a pretty decent power up, considering the amount of money you would have spent? the blowers are cheap as if i recall correctly...

are you going to run the blower off the air conditioning drive section of the crank? what are you going to do about the computer side of things? the stock comp might handle it???

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 13:03   #6 (permalink)

man thats sweet..
also gotta love your PS2 install and sound install,im drooling so im off to wipe my chin,goodluck and sweet ride too..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 13:26   #7 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Hey TUFFEA

Good to see someone trying some new things instead of just getting the both on kit.
Did you get that blower from the Motor Shed in Geelong??

I looked into this exact same setup a little while ago, however, I ended up leaving it because he told me the blower was from a 2L.

I think the standard ECU will be fine with that blower.
Hope it works out well for ya.

Simon
Old 12-02-2003, 14:15   #8 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

On fordsix.com there is a guy with the toyota blower on a 4.1 crossflow in his cortina making 10psi, so it can be done.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 16:31   #9 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Hey I just found out a little more info.
On a 3.8L V6, you can expect about 2.5-3 psi from that blower. However, with a smaller wheel you can run about 6-8psi. Castlemain Rod Shop can sell you the wheel.

Simon
Old 12-02-2003, 16:59   #10 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf

tuffea.

great to see ur doing some good mods there.

with the blower... the sc12 (i presume thats what you have) is off a 2 lt mr2 toyota.

you may be able to bolt on a sc14 used on the 2.5-3lt toyota i6 from the cressida using ur existing brackets from ur sc12 at a later date. worth a look.

one thing to keep in mind....

the clutch pulley on these things are there for a reason.
the screw/rotor's in the blower can at times touch the casings, and they get very very hot internaly, causing problems with seals, and the teflon coating on the screws suffer premature wear.

hook up the clutch to a switched relay. and only turn it on when you need it. a good way to switch it is using a throttle switch. say 50% throttle the thing comes on.

good luck mate, keep up the good work, and keep us updated.

cheers.joe.

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons