Rate my purchase (EBII) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 23:03   #1 (permalink)

Rate my purchase (EBII)

I brought a 1993 EBII with about 360,000k's on the clock. I know its alot but im on my P's and didnt have alot of cash to spend. Its a 6-seater column shift, its got dual fuel, sports exhaust (2" i believe) and has a very straight body and good paint. I paid $2400 with 10mths rego and RWC. There was nothing even close to this for that price that I could find so I think I have done well. I already have some EB S-pack wheels the put on it so it doesnt look too bad either.
MooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2005, 23:47   #2 (permalink)
No Shit

Re: Rate my purchase (EBII)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan
I brought a 1993 EBII with about 360,000k's on the clock. I know its alot but im on my P's and didnt have alot of cash to spend. Its a 6-seater column shift, its got dual fuel, sports exhaust (2" i believe) and has a very straight body and good paint. I paid $2400 with 10mths rego and RWC. There was nothing even close to this for that price that I could find so I think I have done well. I already have some EB S-pack wheels the put on it so it doesnt look too bad either.
i would say for a first car you did alrite. is it an EBII Falcon? or Fairmont or wat? as a first car u really want to start with something cheap while u save and get off your p plates and upgrade when u have the $$$

360000kms is alot though in 12 yrs. It has done more than the average.(22000km per year on average) Do you know if the motor has been changed b4? or if ur planning to change it?

10months rego is a bonus... dont know what state ur in within Aust so i dont know wat RWC is... is this like a mechanical check?

Also wats the body like?

Frodchikxx
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 00:20   #3 (permalink)

Its just a standard Falcon Gli 4.0L 4spd Auto. The body is in very good condition and the motor definately doesn't feel like its done 360,000k's but I do have a engine sitting in my shed from another EB falcon which my brothers mate purchased to put his XR8 running gear into so its no dramas if the engine goes.

And I'm in Victoria and a roadworthy certificate means the car is safe for the road. to get a RWC the car cannot have any problems like worn tyres, dodgy headlights etc.
MooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 00:24   #4 (permalink)
No Shit

ahh ok i thought u would be in Vic...

im in WA we have RAC which does that basically.

Sure sounds like u did alrite then especially when u got a back up sitting in the shed. Enjoy it mate. EB's are pretty popular here. theres some hell nice ones around too.
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:16   #5 (permalink)
Perth E-Series***** *****

nice pick you gotta love the EB 2,but i paid $1999 with 198,000 on the clock:),but hay still a good buy
Old 10-01-2005, 05:01   #6 (permalink)

i agree, the eb is a lovely vehicle. I bought mine december last year, with 115,000km on it. i only got 2 months reg with it, and they wanted an extra 500 for roadwrthy. i spent $90 for the roadworthy, they only picked on 2 light globes. It also has an LSD, just for extra measures. So i reckon you got a good pick up considering i paid 5000 for a fairmont that the grandma had barely driven. Can't wait for summer, its going to glow.
jg33gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:01   #7 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

Not a bad price, and I wouldn't be worried about the K's if it has been looked after. I recently picked up an EBII 's' 5 speed with 268,000 on the clock for $2200, i've now spent well over 3 k on it to get RWC and Reg, and it's sitting in the garage awaiting a new clutch and motor. You win some you loose some.

Happy motoring.
Old 10-02-2005, 20:58   #8 (permalink)

Yeah nice pick up for that price I spent 2G for mine with 2 months rego, it is now sitting in the shed until I save up for the rego, Also have to replace windscreen as has big cracks through it. The ten months rego is a definate bonus. EB's go hard so listen up commodores.....
MarineblueEBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 21:20   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineblueEBII
Yeah nice pick up for that price I spent 2G for mine with 2 months rego, it is now sitting in the shed until I save up for the rego, Also have to replace windscreen as has big cracks through it. The ten months rego is a definate bonus. EB's go hard so listen up commodores.....
i bought my EB2 fairmont wagon with 180k on the clock for $3800 about 21/2 years ago.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons