Ford Forums banner

removing door trim??

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  barthez 
#1 ·
tried to take the door trim off today so i could put some new speakers in...took every screw out including the ones under the door handle and window winder??? it still wouldnt come off

how do i get it off??

#3 ·
I think you have an EAto ED model so...
-Obviously, unscrew the 3 screws inside the door handle and take the door handle off (twist and turn to gte it off the bent metal rod)
-remove the window winder screw and take that off
-remove ALL screws from around the outer edge of the door trim
-grab the door trim from the bottom and pull it away from the door
It will grab up the top because of that black rubber window guide that clicks over the door panel. that will come off with your door trim, just pull upwards from the outer side of it...
Oh, and remove (carefully) the plastic shroud around the door lock cos that will grab the actual lock.

#4 ·
If you can do the speaker change with the door trim still attached at the top (by the window guide) then do it..
(ie; pull it out from the bottom kind of like a hinged door)
the door trims are pretty hard to click right back down.

#6 ·
clevo400 said:
Same here for an ED Falcon but rear drivers door.
I was told to GRAB the door trim from the bottom and REALLY PULL it OUT and UP HARD away from the door. I'm worried I will snap the door trim or bend it.
I hate being rough !!!
do u have an ashtray on the door trim coz if u do take it out and there is a screw at the back
dont know about the ed's bt its like that on the ea's people forget to take that srew out

#8 ·
i took all the screw out then grabbed it on both sides of the trim near the top and just pulled it up...came straight off

easy as that

learnt the hard way though and broke one of me buttons on the lock...the thing that goes into it...the red plastic thing that pushes the button up

#10 ·
make sure before u take it off to pull the central locking button thing off with a pair of pliers..just grab it and pull it up...should come off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.