replacing EB running system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 17:37   #1 (permalink)

replacing EB running system

Hey guys,

Have been an owner of an EB falcon for 6yrs now. it's done 315,000km was my first car and I've kinda grown attached to it..

Problem is it's old, and falling apart. I'm wondering whether or not to replace all the parts necessary off it, or trade it in and buy another car.

The dilemma I have is if I replace all the parts, I know what I've got, aswell as I would expect it to have a lot more life in it than buying another 2nd hand car with a whole new set of problems..

Another problem is cost, I only have about $4-5k and not sure if it's possible to do.

I need to replace:
Engine
Transmission
Diff
Cooling system
Brake pads+rotors

There are a few other consmetic problems, but nothing to concerning, This is the bulk of what I would need to keep it running.

right now it leaks oil from head gasket, cam rod, sump. A bit of water is coming through the head too.

Another problem is it overheats easily. after fixing the airconditioning it tends to overheat all the time, thus rendering the airconditioner useless in summer. I have flushed the radiator etc, but have been told that a thermatic fan would be much better than the clutch fan also. I have read the thread on putting one of these in, but it looks a bit over my head.

So you guys reckon the car is worth saving? Or cut my losses and get another?

If it is worth saving, any tips on getting and installing the necessary parts?

Cheers
-Lokki
Lokki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons