security code for radio in EF falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 07:06   #1 (permalink)

security code for radio in EF falcon

just brought the EF and the battery died, so after replacing the battery i then needed the security code. Down to the ford dealership i go to get the code, only to be given the wrong code but on their system my vin number has that code for the radio, so now i keep getting a ERR signal

Is there a way around this (without buying a new radio) how do i find out the right code and clear the ERR message on the front screen?!
MRJLB84D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2005, 13:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: security code for radio in EF falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJLB84D
just brought the EF and the battery died, so after replacing the battery i then needed the security code. Down to the ford dealership i go to get the code, only to be given the wrong code but on their system my vin number has that code for the radio, so now i keep getting a ERR signal

Is there a way around this (without buying a new radio) how do i find out the right code and clear the ERR message on the front screen?!
the err code will go away.. every time a wrong code is entered in it takes longer and longer to go away..

as for the code, i would of done the same thing.. bummer they gave u the incorrect code... do the people u got the car from have the code still..
Old 11-16-2005, 16:12   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJLB84D

I suspect the radio has been replaced , try the dealer again and take the rego papers , it helps
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 16:55   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
I suspect the radio has been replaced , try the dealer again and take the rego papers , it helps
the other option is to take the radio out and take it into ford as there is some numbers on the radio they can cross ref to get the code
Old 11-16-2005, 18:14   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
yeh i think the radio may of been replaced aswell, and when i went to the dealer i did take the rego papers into them hehe, will see what happens

thanks for the help everyone
MRJLB84D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:26   #6 (permalink)

If the radio has been replaced, there is a good chance the code is written on the case...many wreckers do this.

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:54   #7 (permalink)

give them the serial number of the radio, it will be stamped onto the case and also on a sticker. They will 'assign' that radio to your car on the Ford computer system and then they will be able to give you the right code. I used to do this all the time when we fitted replacement radios under warranty at the dealership I worked at.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons