should i or shouldnt i? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: should i colour code them?
YES 4 44.44%
NO 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 05:05   #1 (permalink)
ED XR6 in progress

should i or shouldnt i?

hi, i was hoping for peoples thoguhts about colour coding. I'm wanting to colourcode the grey and red strips on my Black ED XR6, if you could vote YES i should, or NO i couldnt it would help me out,cheers
andrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 05:06   #2 (permalink)
ED XR6 in progress

Re: should i or shouldnt i?

i'll get the ball rolling, i think i should, lol
Old 01-14-2007, 17:35   #3 (permalink)
ED XR6 in progress

hey, is there a reason why people arnt voting, all ya gota do is select yes or no ya dont HAVE to say a reason? cheers i was just wondering thats all
Old 01-16-2007, 05:18   #4 (permalink)

I voted no.
my experience in trade is that these moulds can be troublesome to colour code, due to the grime that they absorb.

Normally coded mould have a chrome insert, which is Fairmont+, yours is an XR6.
are you trying to hide?

Not sure about now, but if the the had coded moulds, when you bought newies they came pre-coded, except with a chrome insert.

at some point all black becomes too much, you need something to break it up, and the red stripe says XR6 not dolled up ricer!

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 15:42   #5 (permalink)
ED XR6 in progress

thanks for ya imput jas, my dads spraypainter said the same thing about being hard to paint, he recons that the armerald makes it even worse. iv seen the colour coded ones with the chrome strip, you recon they would be a better bet? do u no if there easy top come by? cheers
Old 01-17-2007, 03:27   #6 (permalink)

Leave em grey son!

or buy a full set of NEW ones and paint them. you could even have the chrome strip!

As for your bar moulds, new and run a THIN bead of bostick hot glue onto them, else they WILL peel off....mine did it four times before the bostick!

Cheers
Jas
Old 01-17-2007, 05:18   #7 (permalink)
ED XR6 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
Leave em grey son!

or buy a full set of NEW ones and paint them. you could even have the chrome strip!

As for your bar moulds, new and run a THIN bead of bostick hot glue onto them, else they WILL peel off....mine did it four times before the bostick!

Cheers
Jas
orite yeh, thinking of it now maybe a set with the chrome strip would be alrite. you cant actualli by them new car u wouldnt they have been discontinued a while back?
with the bar moulds, i dont understand what u meant. run the thin bostick hot glue on it and what will peel off? if you coiuld clarify that tha would be great,and i can get bostick from auto places ay? cheers
Old 01-18-2007, 06:02   #8 (permalink)

I believe the moulds are still available. If not the pinstripe guys have a tape to make them any colour you want.

THe grey inserts on the bars, it does not seem to matter what colour you replace them with, but they don't stay on (aftermarket do however perform better than genuine) So when you change them, you peel the platic tape off the double sided tape, and use some hot glue to make them stay on.
Else you can fit them as provided and see how they stay on.

Jas
Old 01-18-2007, 15:20   #9 (permalink)
ED XR6 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
I believe the moulds are still available. If not the pinstripe guys have a tape to make them any colour you want.

THe grey inserts on the bars, it does not seem to matter what colour you replace them with, but they don't stay on (aftermarket do however perform better than genuine) So when you change them, you peel the platic tape off the double sided tape, and use some hot glue to make them stay on.
Else you can fit them as provided and see how they stay on.

Jas
i see, so taping them would give a similar effect as painting them without the hassle. il have a look into it thanks. Now i understand what u meant,makes sense, il definately take it on board and il let u no how i go, thanks jas
Old 01-18-2007, 15:59   #10 (permalink)

leave them grey
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons